Board meeting Minutes/4 Oct 2016

From GovernanceWiki
< Board meeting Minutes
Revision as of 14:13, 20 October 2016 by Penglish (talk | contribs) (Populate page from internal wiki: Board_meeting_Minutes/4_Oct_2016)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
20 Sep 2016
Board meeting Minutes Next:
18 Oct 2016



Minutes approved: 18_Oct_2016

Template:Open agenda

  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
Present
(Subject to verification) John Boris, Steve VanDevender,Paul English,George Beech (chair),Ski Kacoroski , Brian Globerman, Atom Powers, Scott Suehle


Apologies
Thomas Uphill
Guests
 ?
Opened
Closed

Consent Agenda

  • Approve minutes of 20 Sep 2016 - not approved yet, as Paul hasn't applied edits from recording. Approve next meeting.
  • Brian needs minutes which indicate that he is treasurer before Bank will allow him to open an account.
  • Paul and/or John will follow up with Heather to get notes from August 20/21 F2F meeting so that we can approve them.

Action Items

See RT Board Queue

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Brian, Kacoroski)

Balance info

BoA Account: $38,871.71

PayPal Account: $7,351.10

TDBank: Credentials in LastPass no longer work -- did someone change this since 9/6/2016? (assume still $2,010.25)

Total: $48,233.06

+/- from last report (9/6/2016): -$3,816.72

Status: Create new Bank of America account - need minutes from Aug 20-21 2016 approved (currently draft); minutes should state that I was elected Treasurer so that I can open new account

Status: Directors and Officers Policy # NDO 1556586C renewed 9/30/2016 (thanks George!). Policy dates 1/16/2016 - 1/16/2017. When should renewal be requested this time to avoid delay?

Status: Any residual payments required from Aug F2F meeting?

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • Total active members: 702 (previous report: 700, change: 2)
  • Paying: 445 (3 new in last 30 days)
  • Non-paying: 257 (9 new in last 30 days)

Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.

Note: free t-shirt with membership promotion was brought up. John hasn't sent any yet, will work on search in order to figure out who gets them.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)

LOPSA Cascadia IT Conference (Powers)

LOPSA-NJ (Boris)

LOPSA-NJ is still looking for Speakers for future meetings. I haven't heard back from them about a meeting this week.

LOPSA-East 2016 (Boris)

We are moving at a snail's pace. Still waiting to hear back from Montclair University if the June Dates are open. I will be holding a confeence call by the end of October for Volunteers. I am hoping to have it before the next meeting. Preliminary response from Montclair is that it is a go.

Ohio Linux Fest 2016 (Boris)

I sent out a care package to Warner that consisted of T Shirts, Pens, Flash lights and Pens. I (Ski) sent out stickers.

Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)

Items to get done are listed at https://board.lopsa.org/LISA_2016. We really need to get a person assigned to take the lead on this and start completing some of these items.

  • Brian & Steve will help, Ski taking lead.

Education (Kacoroski, Boris)

On Hold

Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)

  • On hold

Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Suehle)

  • LOPSAgram aimed for Monday Oct 10, with Heather doing the work, Paul helping
    • As always, more content for LOPSAgram is appreciated
    • We'll be reiterating the free t-shirt offer
    • We'll be reiterating the call for nominations for the Yerkes award
  • Paul failed to follow through on a dedicated Marketing meeting. This still needs to happen. Will try again before next Board meeting.
  • LOPSA Cascadia Marketing needs to kick into gear. Paul will work with Heather on this, unless someone else has time/ideas.
  • Can anyone table at SeaGL? Ski, Atom, Thomas, Brian ?
    • A: Brian will do it- yay! But need help filling the time.
    • Paul will ask SASAG & meetup.com
    • John will send package of swag for SeaGL to Brian

Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)

Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)

Recognition (Uphill, Disney)

Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)

I talked with Warner. He is completely busy with OLF right now and will get back to me in November about the Leadership Committee

Member Longevity Recognition... (Ski)

Warner had the idea that we should recognize our long term members. I did a quick search in teh database and we have 91 members with 5 - 10 years membership and 115 people with 10+ years of membership. I propose that we do:

(1) set up a webpages where we list members with 10+ and 5+ years of membership

(2) send all 5+ year folks a nice copy of the Code of Ethics with a thank you letter

(3) send the 10+ year folks the same as the 5 year plus a bit more (not sure what yet)

(4) at the annual meeting have a slide with all the names and make note of these folks

John suggested a pin.

  • Ski will start on web page
  • Ski will get pricing on Code of Ethics

UPS/FedEx Account (Boris)

I feel we should open either a UPS or FedEx account for us to use when shipping items. It will streamline the process and would also stop people from putting out their own cash and waiting for repayment. I don't think this needs a motion just an agreement from the Board as we are not spending money just setting up a service.

John will ask how billing works, for Brian. Ideally (for now) a bill to treasurer@lopsa.org, as we don't have a new bank account/credit card yet.

Next Agenda item... (NAME)

New Business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

 John Boris Motioned for Adjournment
 Steve VanDevender Seconded