Board meeting Minutes/5 August 2007

From GovernanceWiki
< Board meeting Minutes
Revision as of 18:35, 29 October 2007 by Spp (talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

23 July 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
14 August 2007

Minutes approved: 28 August 2007

Pat Wilson (Vice President), Andrew Hume (Secretary-Treasurer), Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Sam Albrecht (Executive Director).
Directors-elect present
Bob Apthorpe, Derek Balling, Philip Kizer, Jesse Trucks.
Michael Dwyer (CRO), Deepa Solanki (Project Manager).
Tom Perrine (President).
9:10am Eastern Time
5:15pm Eastern Time

Wilson chairs.

Consent Agenda

Consent agenda passes.

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)

Opt out policy has been implemented.

  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)

Sysadmin discontinuing magazine. Have been given an option to rent mailing list at a discounted price.

  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
  • Membership Committee

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)

Searching for a half time web master.

  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)


  • Financial
    • Original filing was submitted by Loretta Cheswick which was lost by the IRS. A duplicate was re-submitted, lost again. Have resent a third time, Sam making weekly calls for status updates.
    • Draft financial policies are in progress and will be communicated to the incoming 2008 treasurer.

Harris joins at 9:23 ET.

  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 6/11] - not done will continue with this - update in October. - Still in progress as of 8/5/07
  • Hume:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - in progress will transfer to new Board
  • Palmer:
    • Generate an email motion regarding the recommended Certificate of Amendment - DONE. Needs to be reviewed by 2008 board members.

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
  • Membership report
    • Currently at approximately 800 members.

Official Board Turnover

MOTION to adjourn. PASSES.

Bob Apthorpe, Derek Balling, Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Philip Kizer, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Jesse Trucks, Sam Albrecht (Executive Director).
Michael Dwyer (CRO), Deepa Solanki (Project Manager).
Pat Wilson (past Vice President), Andrew Hume (past Secretary-Treasurer), Doug Hughes (past Director).

Call to order, Albrecht chairs.

MOTION to recess for Board orientation. PASSES.

In recess.

Board Orientation

  • Presentation by Albrecht of responsibilities and duties of directorship
  • Demonstration by Harris of Board wiki, policy manual, and Board procedures

Officer Election

Return from recess.

MOTION to enter executive session.

Executive session followed.

FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION: Harris elected as President, Kizer as Vice President, Potter as Secretary-Treasurer.

Harris chairs.

MOTION by Trucks, seconded by Kizer to invite Pat Wilson, Andrew Hume, Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Tom Perrine and Stephen Potter to Founding Membership status. Motion PASSES, Barr, Harris, Palmer, Parter and Potter abstaining.

Name Change Amendment to Bylaws

Discussion of a motion to: "change the official name from The System Administrators Guild, Inc., a New Jersey nonprofit corporation, to The League of Professional System Administrators, Inc. All instances of The System Administrators Guild in the Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, and Policies shall be amended to The League of Professional System Administrators. All instances of the name SAGE in the Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, and Policies shall be amended to the name LOPSA."


MOTION to adjourn at 5:10pm. Passes.