Board meeting Minutes/11 Apr 2016

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
28 Mar 2016
Board meeting Minutes Next:
25 Apr 2016


Minutes approved: 25 Apr 2016

  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!, ,
Present
(Subject to verification) William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski (chair), Steve VanDevender, Paul English, John Boris, Atom Powers, Thomas Uphill,
Apologies
George Beech, Matt Disney
Guests
 ?
Opened
9:09 PM Eastern Time
Closed
9:34 PM Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

No Action Items

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Disney, Kacoroski)

No report

Membership report (VanDevender, Bilancio)

  • Total active members: 689 (previous report: 685, change: 4)
  • Paying: 460 (54 new in last 30 days)
  • Non-paying: 229 (12 new in last 30 days)

Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships. This report includes the Cascadia numbers. Sony Corporate membership still in the works. We need to provide a few more pieces of documentation for their purchasing department.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Bilancio, Powers)

LOPSA-East is moving along slowly. William asked the board to spread the word wherever possible. He stated that he pared down a lot of the costs and the Keynote speaker has asked for only a $1 and no reimbursement for travel on the train from New York. We need at least 80 more registrantsto bring us to 120 registrants to get us or we will not meet the requirement for the Hotel and we will have to cancel. The schedule is set but no responses.

Locals are about the same.

Atom asked if William reached out to local Colleges and schools. William stated he is using the list he has used for years nit no responses.

Ski asked about the Early bird and William stated it ended April 1st and was extended. He is thinking about having a special discount for Tax day.

Casitconf 2016

There are still some after-conference tasks pending.

  • About $1800 waiting to be paid from Bellingham College as soon as we can provide documentation that we are a non-profit.
  • Have trainers received their payment?
  • Expense reports for the conference, is there a form we use? What is the process?
  • We have received only two expense reports, have those been paid?


William advised Atom that expense reports will be coming in for about a month as the trainers are usually slow in replying. He suggested using a due date in the future.

Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)

Yerkes Award Check on swag for conferences and LISA '16 and anything else.

Sysadmin Day 2016 July 29, 2016

http://sysadminday.com/

  • (Boris) I suggest we send an email to our sponsors and other potential sponsors and ask them about sponsoring an activity for Sysadmin Day with one of our Local Chapters. If the Local does it they run into the problem of handling Money. Matt Simmons had this issue in Boston when he just asked and ended up with a lot of money and the company needed some Tax IDs so if they donate to us just for Sysadmin day say in Washington or Lawrenceville, Eastern Tennessee, Ohio etc then we can handle the funds and let the local in that are run the event. Events can be Happy Hours, meet ups where we supply food or give-a-ways.
  • Need to send something to the people sysadmin day.com, they want a logo and we need to decide how we will work with them.... The people at sysadminday.com asked for a link from our site to theirs. Thomas will work on the link.
  • Whatever we decide to do it should be in the May LOPSAgram.
  • Please send any suggestions to Thomas or John
  • Thomas suggested another contest but a little different.
  • Atom suggested people nominate their favorite sysadmin. Ski suggested we could speak to our sponsors for something to award them.

Education (Kacoroski, Boris)

No Report

Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)

No Report

Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)

* Any last minute additions for LOPSAgram? Will go out tomorrow

Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)

The team has been clearing out lists. They were working on some security issues. William suggested the team speak to greppy and make sure he can work with Wild Apricot.

Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)

The system is still broke and John will touch base with George again to check on the list as some people are replying but nothing is going.

Recognition (Uphill, Disney)

Sysadmin day will be the next thing. Then the Yerkes Award. We should start looking for recipients of that award.

Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)

Warner is looking for people to participate and help out. If you know of anyone, please ask them to help our Warner. I have provided him access to our membership database so he can verify folks meet the criteria to be on the board. Ski asked if anyone knew someone please send it to Warner so he can contact them.

Community Manager... (Ski)

Top applicant decided to take a different position. I am reviewing the others and plan to contact them this week.

Elections and New Board

With Matt not running for re-election people should start thinking about who will be new treasurer and also Secretary.

LINUXFest

  • We have a table at LINUXfest and Paul will take the banners there for the table.
  • Paul will be speaking.

Adjournment

 Thomas Motioned for Adjournment
 Willaim Seconded