Board meeting Minutes/11 June 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
4 June 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
18 June 2007



Minutes approved: 18 June 2007

Present
Tom Perrine (chair), Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, David Parter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Opened
20:08 Eastern Time
Closed
20:49 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Passes.

Action Items

Board Committees

[ Harris joins at 20:09 ET ]

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20] - no action it was noted that the member subscriptions have not yet started - Albrecht will follow up
  • Membership Committee
    • Parter - Set up retention-rate report [due 5/28] - no action
    • Albrecht - Refresh conversion letter - in progress Albrecht and Perrine will confer during the week
    • Wilson - Look into quarterly member drawing prizes - in progress Nano has probably been overdone; will look for something else

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - in progress Albrecht reports press release just needs a tuneup
    • Perrine - Turn his lopsa-discuss posting on the CFV for Sysadmin Day into a post for the web page - no action

[ Barr joins at 20:15 ET ]

  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position [due 5/28] - no report

Non-Committee

  • Financial
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501(c)(3) status [due 4/9] - in progress waiting on IRS
    • Enquire whether SoCoSA would be interested in pursuing Chapter status [5/28] - no action
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - in progress
    • Gather material for Halprin request [2/26] - overcome by events
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 6/11] - no progress
    • Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - no progress waiting on reply from Gilbert
  • Hume:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - in progress
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Perrine will work with Sam and Michele on "CONVERSION" of visitors to members - now duplicates Albrecht action item above; removed
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)

April Financials and Hours report sent out by Albrecht.

  • Membership report
    • See the report online for this week's status
  • Online report
  • Sysadmin Days report

Still need more advertizing/buzz.

  • Election report

Elections start on June 16th. There will be a #lopsa-live (TBD), too.

  • Development report

from 4 June

Biordi has contacted pervious sponsors about Sysadmin Days opportunities.

  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)

MtM in progress.

  • Sysadmin Mag ad topic (fourth meeting of the month only)

New Business

Member services letter

The email that was sent out to non-renewing members was overzealous - a followup apology will be forthcoming.

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Hughes, seconded by Wilson. Passes. Adjourned at 20:49 ET