Board meeting Minutes/13 December 2010

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
29 November 2010
Board meeting Minutes Next:
10 January 2011


Minutes approved: 10 January 2011


Present
Philip Kizer (chair), Matthew Barr, William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, Dan Rich, Derek Balling
Apologies
Jesse Trucks, Lois Bennett, Jimmy Kaplowitz
Opened
2006 Eastern Time
Closed
2026 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

  • Philip has made progress on redoing corporate insurance.
  • William working on forum software for the website. Tentative go live date is Jan 1st.
  • Please look at tickets in the board queue - there are 53 tickets. Please check and close out ones that you can.

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
    • Skipped as Lois not attending
  • Membership report (Ski)
    • Are getting new members, plan to send out notes to members who have not renewed.
    • Talked with all pending members and got one to renew and another commit to renew in January
    • Dan working on better reports for Ski. 9 new members in last 2 weeks.
  • Technical services report (William)
    • lopsa-002 wiped and ready to be the test/dev server. Needed to prepare for upgrade to 10.04.
    • Email to board with all mail lists with ideas on which ones we can close
    • Spam blocking enabled on mail list server
    • Took over lists where Dave Parter was owner
  • Conference/events activities report (William)
    • SCALE (Feb) - 4 classes coming up - Aleksey, Matt Disney, Ski, & Cambridge computer doing classes
    • Cascadia (Mar) - Tutorials all set up, got 3rd bronze sponsor
    • PICC (Apr) - just starting to ramp up
    • Edu Committee - need help for this committee
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
    • Lois not here to talk about this


Approve new chapter request (Bilancio)

  • Request for a BBLisa in Boston to become a LOPSA Local Group. Six members are: Adam Moskowitz, Lois Bennett, Chris Palmer, Ali Tayarani, Christopher Allison, Patrick Cable. No need for website or list server.

Bilancio recommends approval.

Approve new chapter request 2 (Bilancio)

  • Request for a SASAG in Seattle to become a LOPSA Local Group. Eight members are: Ski Kacoroski, Lee Nomad, Scott McDermott, Ian Dotson, Benjamin Krueger, Chris Mosetick, Christian Paredes, Andrew Sweger.

No need for website or list server.

Bilancio recommends approval.

  • William motioned to approved both new chapters, Ski seconded. Motion passed unanimously.

New Business

  • William moved to skip meeting on Dec 27th, Philip seconded due to the holidays.
  • Dan asked about using Skype for conference calls because of problems with folks dialing in and if we want to make this a public meeting, we cannot see who is online. Derek wondered if we should pay for a service as we are saving a lot of money. Matt and William offered the idea of using their work conference call service. Dan noted that if they leave the board, that is a problem. Derek reviewed services 2 years ago and will check into a refreshed quote to see the costs.
  • Need to check into different date for biweekly meeting as Jimmy has a few conflicts.

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

A motion was made by Dan and seconded by William to adjourn the meeting at 2026 ET.