Board meeting Minutes/1 December 2009
17 November 2009
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
15 December 2009
Minutes approved: 15 December 2009
- Subject to verification Trey Harris (chair), Lois Bennett, Travis Campbell, Ski Kacoroski, Philip Kizer, David Parter, Dan Rich, Jesse Trucks, Deepa Solanki, MaryBeth Kurland
- Derek Balling
- 8:36pm Eastern Time
- 9:26pm Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 17 November 2009
- Executive Director's report
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- Technical services report
- Conference/events activities report
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
Approve Budget (Bennett)
- After studying I am ready to recommend passage.
- Motion made by Bennett and seconded by Parter to approve the budget for 2009 found here:2009 Budget (Final).
LOPSA-New Jersey Sysadmin Community Conference: Proposal (Bennett)
- LOPSA-New Jersey has put together a plan for a miniconference in May which was sent to the board last week and is also available here: [proposal] and the budget for the conference: [Mini Conf Budget].
- Introductions were made by Marybeth Kurland.
- Some concerns were raised about the decline of members. Urgent need to start converting registered users to members.
- Great opportunity to strengthen locals and affiliates.
- Strong grass roots volunteer areas are critical to association.
Next LOPSA LIve is scheduled for 4pm EST Weds Dec 9th.