Board meeting Minutes/23 August 2010
9 August 2010
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
6 September 2010
Minutes approved: 6 September 2010
- Philip Kizer (chair), Derek Balling, William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, David Parter, Dan Rich
- Lois Bennett, Jimmy Kaplowitz, Jesse Trucks
- 20:13 Eastern Time
- 20:57 Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Deferred Consent Agenda Items
- 3 Action Items
- 4 Standing Reports
- 5 Seattle Sysadmin Community Conference: Proposal (Bilancio)
- 6 Next Agenda item... (NAME)
- 7 New Business
- 8 Notes/announcements
- 9 Adjournment
- Record results of email vote: I move that we adopt the Etiquette Policy included below. Moved by Bennett 18 Aug 2010 by email, second by Kacoroski.
Policy approved by the Board on 20 August 2010.
Purpose and scope
The purpose of the LOPSA Etiquette policy is to ensure that LOPSA is a professional, non-discriminatory organization in all LOPSA associated forums such as conferences, meetings, email lists, IRC, Linked-In, Facebook, etc. These forums are not a personal or private space but a shared space where any remark or posting reflects upon the entire LOPSA community and as such reflect upon the LOPSA community as a whole. All LOPSA members are bound by our Code of Ethics, and this should be reflected in our respectful and professional conduct with one another regardless of the forum.
- EQUALITY: Everyone can state their opinions as long as they follow the rest of this policy.
- KNOWLEDGE: Answer any questions to the best of your knowledge - it is best that you do not answer what you don't know to avoid confusion.
- RESPECT: Be respectful of everybody and assume they are speaking or posting in good faith- even if they are asking the most unimaginable questions. Either voice your opinion courteously, or voice no opinion.
- RESTRAINT: Think before speaking or posting an inflammatory remark. If it isn't appropriate at work and home it is not appropriate here.
- INCLUSIVE: Attacking people in a personal way, for example: about their race, beliefs, gender, sexual preferences, choice of technology, and any and all other personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- COMMON SENSE: If you are doing something that, however innocent, results in the forum going bananas, use your common sense and stop.
- PRIVACY: Never divulge personal or private information without consent
If a person violates the LOPSA Etiquette Policy, there will be at least one warning issued with possible more strict punitive measures depending on the medium or forum and nature of the infraction.
Deferred Consent Agenda Items
- Approve minutes of 9 August 2010
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- Technical services report
- Conference/events activities report
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
Seattle Sysadmin Community Conference: Proposal (Bilancio)
- The Seattle Sysadmin Group has put together a plan for a miniconference in end of February or beginning of March which was sent to the board last week.
- Local chapter will need a loan to start working on the Sysadmin Community Conference. If this is an annual event, the 2012 budget should be updated to reflect additional expense each year.
- Good opportunity to develop local leadership.
- Exposure to community would be great advertising for LOPSA to be able to grow membership.
Next Agenda item... (NAME)
First new item...
Balling moved and Bilancio seconded a motion to adjourn at 20:57