Board meeting Minutes/24 January 2011

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
10 January 2011
Board meeting Minutes Next:
7 February 2011



Minutes approved: 21 February 2011


Present
Philip Kizer (chair), Lois Bennett, William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, Dan Rich
Apologies
Jimmy Kaplowitz, Matthew Barr, Jesse Trucks
Opened
2005 Eastern Time
Closed
2045 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
  • We have money in the bank and are doing ok.
  • Membership report
    • 14 new members so far in January. Still have a problem with charter members. Dan working on report for new vs renewed members. 8 more new members to break 600. May have some duplicate memberships.
  • Technical services report
    • Working on mirroring servers getting ready to upgrade.
  • Conference/events activities report
    • SCALE, Cascadia, PICC will have a full schedule in a week
  • Development report
  • Upcoming MtM
    • This did get sent out.

Sponsorship of "Workplace Presentations 101 for IT Professionals" (wbilancio)

Adam would like to get LOPSA to help sponsor his talk. He is asking for $500. Here is the link for more information. http://menlo.com/speak/

  • Decided to do this, Lois will cut the check.

Discount for Bill Morris

We agreed to give him a free membership for a year due to his hardship. Ski set this up.

New York Meeting with ACM debrief (Kizer)

  • Philip, Tom Limoncelli, and William were there.
  • New venues for conference announcements
  • Collaboration for sysadmin articles and horror-stories
  • Opportunity to join larger computing-related public and legal policy committee
  • This will generate more page hits for our website

Web Presence Discussion (Bilancio)

  • Forums are almost ready. We need to start thinking about the paywall and advertising on the website.
  • Option to allow members to hide advertisements on LOPSA web pages
  • Forums should not be behind paywall as we want them to used as many people as possible.

Educators Status (Kizer)

Social Networking Planning Update (Kizer)

  • LinkedIn in particular, other services if there are updates or changes Philip cleaned this up late last year. 50% of folks on Linked-In group are not registered on the LOPSA site and many more are not current members. Dan will keep up on this. We decided to keep members who are no longer members as we want to let people know about LOPSA.
  • Still have a problem with multiple LOPSA groups are Facebook. William will look into this.

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

Dan moved and Lois seconded motion to adjourn at 2045 Eastern Time