Board meeting Minutes/27 Jul 2015

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
13 Jul 2015
Board meeting Minutes Next:
8 Aug 2015


Minutes approved: 8 Aug 2015



  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting! (chair),
Present
(Subject to verification) ? William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, Steve VanDevender, George Beech, Thomas Uphill,
Apologies
John Boris, Matt Disney,Mark Honomichl, Dan Rich
Guests
 ?
Opened
9:10 PM Eastern Time
Closed
9:22 PM Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

See RT Board Queue

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Disney)

No Report

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • See CiviCRM
  • Previous Month:
    • New: 15 (9 students)
    • Renew: 4 (0 students)
    • Lapsed: 33
  • Month to Date:
    • New: 14 (13 students)
    • Renew: 1 (0 students)
    • Lapsed: 43
  • Total: 651 (476 paying)

Conference/events activities report (Bilancio)

No Report

Lisa'15 (Kacoroski)

On hold until the Face2Face Meeting

Local Chapter Committee report (Bilancio)

All is quiet probably due to vacations

Development report (Kacoroski)

Nothing to report.

Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (Kacoroski)

We had 5 groups that I sent Tshirts and OReilly books to for system admin day parties located in Ottawa CA, Columbus OH, Fayetteville NC, Fort Lupton CO, and Bethany CT. Total cost was about $100 for shipping. Many were new or non-active members so this has been a good way to get LOPSA's name out to these folks.

LOPSAGram going out in a week. Please send me any content.

I plan to send out a separate email to all members after the Face2Face Meeting.

Liaison reports (LC, etc.)

Technical Services Report (Bilancio)

The team is getting ready to switch to gmail in the middle of august. It will be seamless using your same lopsa.org password.

Mentorship Report (Beech)

Moving forward with the automation project. Getting people access and moving forward. We have four volunteers working on it. Craig has been working hard getting people matched up. Ski asked about the next milestone and George stated to get them access to all of the documents and have them come up with a plan to get the automation moved forward.

Leadership Committee (Kacoroski)

Nothing to report.

SysAdminDay Contest... (Ski)

We have 8 entries located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10MUQCTtOPC4MxuuI9aGOI4wFAqx8Lp4DrX1OT1e1bBs/edit#gid=0 and 4 prizes to award:

  1. . $100 Apple gift card + Opengear Tshirt from OpenGear
  2. . Raspberry Pi 2 Ultimate Kit from Silicon Mechanics
  3. . Laptop Bag provided from Druva
  4. . Ansible prize pack (tshirt, stickers, buttons, luggage tag, stuffed toy, Ansible book) from Ansible.

I have ranked my top 4 entries, which are yours? Please rank them by the end of the week so we can publish them in the LOPSAGram. William asked about new board members competing and Ski said he is not formally on the board until the Face to Face.

Next Agenda item... (NAME)

New Business

No new business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

Thomas motioned for asjournment William seconded