Board meeting Minutes/27 November 2006

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
20 November 2006
Board meeting Minutes Next:
11 December 2006



Minutes approved: 11 December 2006

Present
Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (chair, note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Tom Perrine
Opened
20:03 Eastern Time
Closed
21:33 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Consent agenda passes

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
    • Wilson - Coordinate sponsor renewal letters - in progress Biordi is doing much of this work
    • Wilson - Send Palmer "become a sponsor now" verbiage for renewal letter - not done will be sending individual sponsor renewal letters, instead
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner [due 10/16] - no progress
  • Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
    • Perrine - Contact Rose and convey Board's thoughts on the election - no report
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online anwer folks - no report
    • Perrine - [from 11/8] Talk to Rich regarding posting LOPSA logo on Sysadmin Magazine irc - no report
    • Albrecht - [from 11/8] Contact listbroker regarding lateness in sending out email blast - in progress
  • Membership Committee
    • Palmer, Hughes - Finialize renewal letter and work with tech-team to get them out [due 11/27] - DONE
    • Solanki - [from 11/8] Follow up on pending membership payments - no report

ACTION ITEM: Hughes to automate the renewal letter process

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
    • Wilson, Parter - Discuss LISA prize offerings - in progress
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Barr - [from 11/8] Set up board-only mail alias - not done
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
  • Locals Committee (Parter)

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - prepare annual financial report [due 6/26]] - DONE
    • Albrecht - [from 11/8] Draft wording for posting 990 on website - not done
  • Albrecht:
    • Touch base with IRS [due 10/16] - in progress another NJ iteration required
    • Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options. - not done now due 12/21
    • Contact JobTarget and get a specific proposal including the features LOPSA requires - DONE but may need modifications

ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to bring the proposal to the board for a vote [status due 12/11]

  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Set up wiki for Resume Standards project - not done
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - not done
    • Gather material for Halprin request - not done
  • Hughes:
  • Hume:
    • Chat with the SNIA Chief Scientist regarding possible partnering [due 10/30] - in progress still waiting on reply
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
  • Potter:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - not done
    • Propose a charter for a (Board level) Finance committee DONE

ACTION ITEM: Harris, Potter to rework and bring back [due 12/11]

    • Draft a new charter for the combined Development/Partnership committee - not done
  • Wilson:
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the report online for this week's status

The first two batches of renewal letters went out Nov 27th; there's been a concommittant surge in renewals. In response to a request to include differential membership number trending data in the online report, Hume, Harris, and Parter will schedule a call to discuss logistical details.

  • Online report
  • Training event report

Still no final word on the Phoenix final balance sheet. Philadelphia property availability is being investigated, and budgets and schedule for 2007 events need to be revised. Committee members for the spring event are being formed.

An alternate event model was mentioned, and it was decided to request a presentation from the company involved.

ACTION ITEM: Harris to contact the company and see if this is a possibility

  • Development report
    • see the proposed sponsor changes page for proposed revisions to 2007 sponsorship packages

This was presented late to the agenda, but is of some importance. It was decided to consider this off-line and hold an email vote.

ACTION ITEM: Potter, Wilson to clean up document, email Board for discussion, and then call a vote by end of week.

Recognize new Founding Members

MOTION: Hughes, to convene Executive Session, inviting Albrecht

[Executive session entered 21:06 ET]

[Executive session ends 21:19 ET]

MOTION: by Palmer, seconded by Potter, to offer Founding Member status to Michael Crusoe, Hans Kugler, Matt Okeson-Harlow, Jesse Trucks, and JD Welch. Passes

ACTION ITEM: Harris to send Founding Member offer letters

LISA update

Final preparations are in process. Hotel catering price for cake on vendor floor appears to be exhorbitant, and will probably not happen. Parter will lead an Ethics BoF, if Potter (who will not be attending) will give him some talking points

ACTION ITEM: Wilson to make a sign listing current LOPSA Sponsors.

New Business

Approve Nov 8th minutes

MOTION: by Harris, seconded by Hughes to arrove the 8 November 2006 minutes as amended. Passes

Next meeting?

As many folks will be either in transit or at LISA on Dec 4th, the next meeting will be Dec 11th.

Notes/announcements

Wilson, Hume apologize for Dec 11th meeting.

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Hume, seconded by Hughes. Passes. Adjourned at 21:33 ET