Board meeting Minutes/2 January 2018

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
5 December 2017
Board meeting Minutes Next:
30 January 2018




Minutes approved: 27 March 2018


Present
Steve VanDevender, Scott Suehle, Danielle White, Brian Globerman, Andy Cowell
Apologies
N/A
Guests
N/A
Opened
9:07 PM Eastern Time
Closed
9:41 PM Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

  • Approve minutes of 5 December 2017
    • Motion to approve by Andy Cowell, unanimously approved.

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Globerman)

Current balance (Bank of America, PayPal): $37,556.25

Documents:

New Items:

  • 501(c)(3) status restored retroactive to 05/15/2016. Notification from IRS dated 11/28/2017. 501(c)3 status letter / IRS Reinstatement notification- issued 11/28/2017
    • Notify membership soon that their donations made in 2017 are tax deductible (due to reinstatement of our tax-exempt status)
    • Update Guidestar listing for LOPSA to reflect updated status, and upload last four years' IRS 990 forms filed Sept 2017
    • Brian to contact Zoom about updating account from free tier
    • Andy to send Larry announcement to be added to next LOPSAgram
  • Received $5000 donation from Lee Whalen. This has been earmarked for SASAG (Seattle area chapter) meetings (dinners, etc).

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • Total active members: 656 (previous report: 649, change: 7, pending renewal: 14)
  • Paying: 339 (1 new in last 30 days)
  • Non-paying: 317 (9 new in last 30 days)

Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events/Chapters activities (Adams)

LOPSA Cascadia 2019: (Vandevender)

  • Brian to reach out to DECA regarding LOPSA Cascadia 2019 availability

LISA 2017 (Vandevender, Beech)

Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, Uphill)

  • Please help provide content for the next LOPSAgram
  • Please blog on your LOPSA Blog
    • Andy and Danielle committed to at least one blog post in 2018

Technical Services (White)

Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)

  • Xinspire account set up at https://lopsa.xinspire.com/.
  • First training session conducted, site ready to be customized for our use.
  • A "heads up" notice for LOPSAgram sent to Larry.

Recognition (Beech)

Leadership Committee (Beech, Moore)

  • Scott to reach out to Warner to discuss preparations for 2018 elections.

Locals/Chapters Committee (Adams)

  • Thank you to generous contributions of Lee Whalen ($5,000 for SASAG) and Jennine Townsend ($1,000). Brian to reach out and thank Jennine.

Adjournment

 Scott Motioned for Adjournment
 Danielle Seconded