Board meeting Minutes/2 January 2018
5 December 2017
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
30 January 2018
Minutes approved: 27 March 2018
- Steve VanDevender, Scott Suehle, Danielle White, Brian Globerman, Andy Cowell
- 9:07 PM Eastern Time
- 9:41 PM Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 3.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities (Adams)
- 3.2 Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, Uphill)
- 3.3 Technical Services (White)
- 3.4 Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
- 3.5 Recognition (Beech)
- 3.6 Leadership Committee (Beech, Moore)
- 3.7 Locals/Chapters Committee (Adams)
- 4 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 5 December 2017
- Motion to approve by Andy Cowell, unanimously approved.
Treasurer's report (Globerman)
Current balance (Bank of America, PayPal): $37,556.25
- Balance sheet 01/02/2018
- Profit and Loss statement: 01/01/2017 - 12/31/2017
- Profit and Loss statement: 07/01/2017 - 12/31/2017
- 501(c)(3) status restored retroactive to 05/15/2016. Notification from IRS dated 11/28/2017. 501(c)3 status letter / IRS Reinstatement notification- issued 11/28/2017
- Notify membership soon that their donations made in 2017 are tax deductible (due to reinstatement of our tax-exempt status)
- Update Guidestar listing for LOPSA to reflect updated status, and upload last four years' IRS 990 forms filed Sept 2017
- Brian to contact Zoom about updating account from free tier
- Andy to send Larry announcement to be added to next LOPSAgram
- Received $5000 donation from Lee Whalen. This has been earmarked for SASAG (Seattle area chapter) meetings (dinners, etc).
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 656 (previous report: 649, change: 7, pending renewal: 14)
- Paying: 339 (1 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 317 (9 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities (Adams)
LOPSA Cascadia 2019: (Vandevender)
- Brian to reach out to DECA regarding LOPSA Cascadia 2019 availability
LISA 2017 (Vandevender, Beech)
Marketing/Communications (Tsalolikhin, Uphill)
- Please help provide content for the next LOPSAgram
- Please blog on your LOPSA Blog
- Andy and Danielle committed to at least one blog post in 2018
Technical Services (White)
Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
- Xinspire account set up at https://lopsa.xinspire.com/.
- First training session conducted, site ready to be customized for our use.
- A "heads up" notice for LOPSAgram sent to Larry.
Leadership Committee (Beech, Moore)
- Scott to reach out to Warner to discuss preparations for 2018 elections.
Locals/Chapters Committee (Adams)
- Thank you to generous contributions of Lee Whalen ($5,000 for SASAG) and Jennine Townsend ($1,000). Brian to reach out and thank Jennine.
Scott Motioned for Adjournment Danielle Seconded