Board meeting Minutes/2 July 2012

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
18 Jun 2012
Board meeting Minutes Next:
16 July 2012



Minutes approved: 16 July 2012

Present
(Subject to verification) Philip Kizer (chair), William Bilancio, Dan Rich, Jesse Trucks, Matt Disney, Ski Kacoroski,
Apologies
Lois Bennett, Chris St. Pierre, Nadine Miller
Opened
0901pm Eastern Time
Closed
0942pm Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
  • Membership report
    • Problem with some members getting registered twice from PICC and Cascadia conference due to them using a different email at the conference than what they did for LOPSA. Dan is looking into a fix.
  • Technical services report
    • Move to new server is still in work.
  • Conference/events activities report
    • SCALE is next big conference. Board decided to work on LISA at the Face to Face meeting to get new members involved.
  • Mentorship Status report
    • Jesse will follow up with Mentorship team to see how they are doing.
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
    • We have insurance as a benefit now. We will have a web page up by the next meeting.
  • Upcoming LOPSAgram and #lopsa-live (last meeting of the month only)
    • LOPSAgram on schedule for early July.
  • Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
    • No report tonight for the LC, Tom and I are syncing up tomorrow evening - drich


Executive Session (Kizer)

SysAdmin Appreciation Day (Matt)

  • Promotional membership discount. How much?
    • Decided to run the week before until Monday the 30th. Memberships will be $35 during this time.
  • Gift memberships. In-Honor status in Civi?
    • Dan will figure out how much work this is to do.
  • $100 match from LOPSA for locals for SysAdmin Appreciation Day events. wbilancio to contact locals?
    • Decided to match up to $100.
  • Twitter hashtag campaign? #hugyoursysadmin ?
    • Decided this was a good idea.
  • Center for Internet Security still pending. Call tomorrow. Hoping for cooperative membership discount or benchmark access for LOPSA members.
  • Gifts: Donated book from TAL. Still seeking donations or sponsorships. Drawing? How to enter? SysAdmin short story contest?
    • Decided to ask the new folks for more ideas on this.

Next Agenda item... (NAME)

New Business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

Dan motioned to adjourn at 942pm, William seconded