Board meeting Minutes/6 Sep 2016

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
20-21 Aug 2016
Board meeting Minutes Next:
20 Sep 2016



Minutes approved: 18 Oct

Template:Open agenda

  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting! , ,
Present
(Subject to verification) Steve VanDevender, Paul English, John Boris,George Beech (chair),Ski Kacoroski , Brian Globerman, Atom Powers, Scott Suehle
Apologies
Thomas Uphill
Guests
None
Opened
21:00 Eastern Time
Closed
21:31 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

  • Approve minutes of 20-21 Aug 2016 - not approved. Recording failed, waiting for Heather's notes.

Action Items

See RT Board Queue

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Globerman)

  • No cash flow problem as most of the money is in Bank of America account.

Balance info

BoA Account: $43,901.18

PayPal Account: $6,138.35

TDBank: $2,010.25

Total: $52,049.78

+/- from last report (7/25/2016): +$13,501.63

LOPSA Balance: (TBD)

CasITConf 2016 Balance: ($750 - paid Aleksey 9/4/2016)

LOPSA Board Face 2 Face: ($3086.82 - paid Ski 9/5/2016)

LOPSA Board Face 2 Face: (451.08 - paid to Scott Suehle 9/6/2016)

  • Accomplishments

Brian/Matt knowledge transfer

Sent credit card authorization form and completed group accommodations agreement to Deca Hotel

Contacted Wells Fargo about opening new LOPSA account (still waiting for reply)

  • Top priorities

- Close TD Bank account and transfer balance to BofA (or new account - need to get owner Louise involved - Ski will work with her at LISA in Boston, since that is where she lives)

- Close existing Wells Fargo bank account - zero balance, OR

- Wells Fargo bank account re-establishment (probably best to just close)

- Transition bank account: Bank of America to new account when established

- 2014 990 (sent copy of IRS statement to Scott). Matt has submitted the last one, we need to follow up when the IRS responds, and then submit the next 2 years.

- Note from Brian: Hotel Deca asked if we qualify as tax-exempt in WA state - we don't. We need to file a form with the state and get a special credit card that is only issued to WA state-level tax exempt orgs. Brian will look into this as we don't pay Deca until March.

- Expenses for F2F, email to treasurer@lopsa.org

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • Total active members: 704 (previous report: 694, change: 10)
  • Paying: 449 (7 new in last 30 days)
  • Non-paying: 255 (6 new in last 30 days)

Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.

For this report the previous report is the one of 8 August 2016.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)

  • Will work on getting CfP out for CASITconf

Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)

  • What dates do we want for our BoF/annual meeting? Thurs first choice, Weds second.
Yerkes Award
  • Where are the past winners? On an unlinked page on lopsa.org. We will link this in somewhere.

Education (Kacoroski, Boris)

  • Do we still have this? We're not sure.

Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)

  • This is on hold, as we want to go back to the members and find out what they want.

Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (Suehle, English)

  • LOPSAgram going out Monday 9/12
    • Supposed to announce Yerkes award in this one - do we have a winner selected? - No, September was supposed to just request nominations.
    • Announcing free t-shirt with renewal or referral for new member. Does anyone already know the mechanics for referral codes through WildApricot? I don't see a way to do them at all! Perhaps just "have the person mention your name when they register" would work.. do we have a comment field?
    • Can anyone run with a new Member of the Month? (ie: pick one, put them on the website, and give me a blurb for the LOPSAgram)
  • #lopsa-live: To be done quarterly after slack rollout is complete.
  • Nothing else to report - hope to have Marketing meeting before Oct 4 Board meeting.

Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)

Dan is moving full steam ahead with the new ticketing system (osTicket) if you have not logged in to the new system please do. If you have any outstanding tickets that you have not moved from RT, please get that done before the next board meeting.

Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)

Craig just got back from a long trip. He needs to get settled and follow up with volunteers.

Will follow up with him this week.

Got a lot of interest from the NYC Tech Jobs academy. This is a partnership between NYC and Microsoft to train select people as junior sysadmin/developers. They want to know how we can work together, especially the mentorship program.

There are a few people interested in the program from attending the event.

Recognition (Uphill)

  • This is on hold until we know what our members want.

Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)

LastPass... (Ski)

LastPass enterprise is setup. I will move over all account information from the wiki into it before the next board meeting. There are shared folders for Finance (all accounts added), TechTeam (Dan Rich is adding accounts to this), and LOPSA (all other accounts). It also has the ability to save secure notes in addition to passwords. Everyone should have been invited to join.

Exchange agreement with USENIX for LISA '16 (stevev)

We have negotiated an exchange agreement (document link below) with USENIX to cover a registration discount for LISA '16 for LOPSA members. We need to approve and sign this (who does the signing?).

File:USENIX-LOPSA-16.pdf

 Scott Suehle Motion to formalize the agreement as attached
 Brian Globerman Seconded
 all: aye Motion carries.

F2F Expense Reports

  • John will send Brian expense report
  • Steve will send Brian expense report - Amtrak receipt
  • Scott will re-send expense report
  • Paul will file one as donation-in-kind

New Business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

 Ski Kacoroski Motioned for Adjournment
 Scott Suehle Seconded