Interim Board meeting Minutes/18 October 2004

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Comment

This website is not affiliated with SAGE or the USENIX Association. The use of the term "SAGE" below is historical, and refers either to the SAGE subgroup of USENIX, or to a precursor of the organization now called LOPSA.


Prior:
4 October 2004
Interim Board meeting Minutes Next:
25 October 2004


Minutes approved: 1 November 2004

This document is a board working paper, and commercial in confidence.

Present
Geoff Halprin, Lorette Cheswick, David Parter, Trey Harris
Meeting
2004-10-18 1900 US/East
Opened
19:00
Closed
19:56

Consent Agenda

Meeting minutes (2004-10-04) approved by consent.

Action Items

Action Point #20041018.01

  • Report from lawyer: NJ law presently allows electronic machines, but not Internet-based voting. As long as we include in our bylaws that our methods will deal with appropriate mechanisms. This defers the issue to policy.

Action Point #20041018.01

  • Trey: Can get it out tonight.
  • LISA meeting: need to push USENIX meeting to 2200. fallback 21:30.

Unfinished Business

Legal Infrastrucure

  • Still awaiting final bylaws from lawyers for signature.
  • Due 20/21.
  • It should be close to final.
  • Lorette: Please send out to board now (in advance of final). (Action Point #20041018.02)
  • Transfer of membership
  • Are there any formalities associated with xfer of membership?
  • Can we convert opt-in to opt-out (via an email notice)?
  • We need legal opinion on this.
  • Lorette: Get lawyer to comment on transfer issues. (Action Point #20041018.03)
  • Lorette: lawyer: when is it official?
  • If we finish our stuff this week. Corp exists this week!
  • Paperwork is for 501c6.
  • What is impact of 501c6 on USENIX? Tax involved?
  • USENIX lawyer will need approve this too.
  • Geoff: Provide details to USENIX (Action Point #20041018.04)

Operations Infrastructure

  • Received 17 responses to RFP.
  • Geoff sorting through them.
  • Got to happen this week (LISA timing).
  • Want to get 2nd round shortlist due diligence while Geoff in USA.
  • (If we proceed), hope to engage around end of year.
  • David:
  • Can/Should we get someone part time as interim measure.
  • Geoff to take action item to investigate (Action Point #20041018.05)

Computing Infrastructure

  • Tech team put together.
  • Going for 80/20 option.
  • Appropriate colo is around $100-$300 per month.
  • Need way to pay for stuff.

New Business

Yerkes award

  • Was approved at last board meeting.
  • Geoff must follow up with council and USENIX office.

Unannounced business

David
Logistics. SAGE store.


Memo to members -- MUST DO NOW

Next Meeting

  • Meetings now to be held weekly until LISA.


Meeting closed
19:56.