Board meeting Minutes/13 Dec 2016
< Board meeting Minutes
Revision as of 12:16, 8 February 2017 by Penglish (Populate page from internal wiki: Board_meeting_Minutes/13_Dec_2016)
29 Nov 2016
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
27 Dec 2016
Minutes approved: 8 Feb 2017
- NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
- (Subject to verification) John Boris, Steve VanDevender, Ski Kacoroski, Thomas Uphill, Paul English, Atom Powers,
- George Beech (chair),, Brian Globerman, Scott Suehle
- 21:00 Eastern Time
- 21:23 Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Standing Reports
- 4 Committee reports
- 4.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
- 4.2 Education (on hold)
- 4.3 Speakers Bureau (on hold)
- 4.4 Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- 4.5 Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
- 4.6 Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
- 4.7 Recognition (Uphill)
- 4.8 Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- 5 Next Agenda item... (NAME)
- 6 New Business
- 7 Notes/announcements
- 8 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 29 Nov 2016 Minutes approved: 29 Nov 2016
- Approve minutes of 15 Nov 2016 Minutes approved: 15 Nov 2016
See RT Board Queue
Treasurer's report (Brian, Kacoroski)
- BoA Accounts: $36,355.77
- PayPal Account: $12,667.15
- TDBank Account: Closed, remaining funds transferred to new Bank of America account
- Total: $49,022.92 +/- from last report (11/29/2016): +$1014.90
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 685 (previous report: 666, change: 19)
- Paying: 419 (12 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 266 (9 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
LOPSA Cascadia 2017: March 10,11. Contract cutoff:(?) (Kacoroski,Uphill,Globermann,English,Powers)
- Atom: 17 submissions so far - we need more, but we usually get a surge in the last week, so we will probably be okay
- Ski: got contact from Microsoft that will most likely submit a Training
- Paul: I submitted to wikicfp.com, couldn't log in to lanyrd.com - will try again. wikicfp suggested by Matt Simmons. Ski: It doesn't seem to show up on wikicfp. Paul: I will look into it.
LOPSA East 2017 (Boris)
- Still waiting on venue.
- Thomas: will put people in touch with John to help
Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)
Education (on hold)
Speakers Bureau (on hold)
Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)
- At Lisa we spoke with
- the Linux Professional Institue. They are interested in partnering with us and our Mentorship program. I spoke to were G Matthew Rice (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jasmina Jocic (email@example.com) and Jon “maddog” Hall. A good group of people.
- A professor from Florida State University about getting his System Administration Class signed up with us as student members. I also sent him our Code of Ethics for his Summer Course.
- First challenge coin given to Alexsey.
- What are we going to do for the others?
- Give some to sponsors
- How do we get the 10 year pin to all our 10 year people?
Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- Warner will lead the committee again this year for elections.
- Up for re-election: Atom, Paul, Ski, John
Next Agenda item... (NAME)
First new item...
Ski Motioned for Adjournment Thomas Seconded