Board meeting Minutes/13 December 2010
29 November 2010
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
10 January 2011
Minutes approved: 10 January 2011
- Philip Kizer (chair), Matthew Barr, William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, Dan Rich, Derek Balling
- Jesse Trucks, Lois Bennett, Jimmy Kaplowitz
- 2006 Eastern Time
- 2026 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 29 November 2010
- Philip has made progress on redoing corporate insurance.
- William working on forum software for the website. Tentative go live date is Jan 1st.
- Please look at tickets in the board queue - there are 53 tickets. Please check and close out ones that you can.
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
- Skipped as Lois not attending
- Membership report (Ski)
- Are getting new members, plan to send out notes to members who have not renewed.
- Talked with all pending members and got one to renew and another commit to renew in January
- Dan working on better reports for Ski. 9 new members in last 2 weeks.
- Technical services report (William)
- lopsa-002 wiped and ready to be the test/dev server. Needed to prepare for upgrade to 10.04.
- Email to board with all mail lists with ideas on which ones we can close
- Spam blocking enabled on mail list server
- Took over lists where Dave Parter was owner
- Conference/events activities report (William)
- SCALE (Feb) - 4 classes coming up - Aleksey, Matt Disney, Ski, & Cambridge computer doing classes
- Cascadia (Mar) - Tutorials all set up, got 3rd bronze sponsor
- PICC (Apr) - just starting to ramp up
- Edu Committee - need help for this committee
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
- Lois not here to talk about this
Approve new chapter request (Bilancio)
- Request for a BBLisa in Boston to become a LOPSA Local Group. Six members are: Adam Moskowitz, Lois Bennett, Chris Palmer, Ali Tayarani, Christopher Allison, Patrick Cable. No need for website or list server.
Bilancio recommends approval.
Approve new chapter request 2 (Bilancio)
- Request for a SASAG in Seattle to become a LOPSA Local Group. Eight members are: Ski Kacoroski, Lee Nomad, Scott McDermott, Ian Dotson, Benjamin Krueger, Chris Mosetick, Christian Paredes, Andrew Sweger.
No need for website or list server.
Bilancio recommends approval.
- William motioned to approved both new chapters, Ski seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
- William moved to skip meeting on Dec 27th, Philip seconded due to the holidays.
- Dan asked about using Skype for conference calls because of problems with folks dialing in and if we want to make this a public meeting, we cannot see who is online. Derek wondered if we should pay for a service as we are saving a lot of money. Matt and William offered the idea of using their work conference call service. Dan noted that if they leave the board, that is a problem. Derek reviewed services 2 years ago and will check into a refreshed quote to see the costs.
- Need to check into different date for biweekly meeting as Jimmy has a few conflicts.
A motion was made by Dan and seconded by William to adjourn the meeting at 2026 ET.