Board meeting Minutes/17 September 2019
3 September 2019
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
1 October 2019
Minutes approved: 29 October 2019
- Andy Cowell (President), Scott Suehle (VP), Brian Globerman (Treasurer), Andree Jacobson (Secretary), Branson Matheson
- Drew Adams, Danielle White, Daniel Hodges
- 9.25pm Eastern Time
- 9,43pm Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 4 Old Business
- 5 Notes/announcements
- 6 Adjournment
Treasurer's report (Globerman)
Current bank balance- all accounts:
- 16 Sep 2019: $28,286 (+$902 from last year)
Profit and Loss:
- 15 Aug - 16 Sep 2019: -$480
- 1 Jan 1 - 16 Sep 2019: -$1,523 (-$10,124 same period 2018)
Membership Dues received: 1 Jan - 16 Aug 2019: $6,477 ($8,599 in 2018)
Membership report (Hodges)
- Total active members: 554 (previous report: ?, change: 2, pending renewal: 14)
- Paying: 215 (2 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 339 (8 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Not too many recent updates from Hodges... Andree will check if this is an easy number to pull from WildApricot.
- Planning for LISA. Branson is planning on going, booth space is reserved, trying to make sure we have a presence.
- Ohio LinuxFest coming up. There was an email from Warner about a post in a channel none of us have access to. Scott to reach out to Warner about getting membership on the leadership channel.
Technical Services (White)
Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
- Branson has a new mentee
- Election to start Sep 23rd. Need to get candidate statements out.
- Andree to set up election page and make sure it goes live on Monday, Sep 23rd.
- No responses to mails, will re-email this week
- Brian is checking on possible Bozeman chapter
- LA - Nothing to report
- Columbus - Nothing to report
- ETENN - Nothing to report
- Ottawa Valley System Administrators Guild - Nothing to report
- Seattle Area System Administrators Guild - Nothing to report
- San Diego - Nothing to report
- NJ - Nothing to report
- Chicago - Nothing to report
Jefferey Brown used to be a charter member before (though we are not able to find records of him).
- Scott moves that we award a complimentary membership to Jefferey Brown
- Motion passes unanimously
Branson Motioned for Adjournment Scott Seconded