Board meeting Minutes/18 Jun 2012

From GovernanceWiki
< Board meeting Minutes
Revision as of 12:02, 12 July 2012 by Ski (talk | contribs) (Populate page from internal wiki: Board_meeting_Minutes/18_Jun_2012)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

4 Jun 2012
Board meeting Minutes Next:
2 July 2012

Minutes approved: 2 July 2012

(Subject to verification) Philip Kizer (chair), William Bilancio, Jesse Trucks, Matt Disney, Lois Bennett, Ski Kacoroski, Nadine Miller, Dan Rich
Chris St. Pierre
0910pm Eastern Time
0947pm Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

  • Discussed health care benefit, getting close to getting it ready for the website.

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • 990 still in work, problem is getting accurate numbers from the year we split from AH
  • Membership report
    • 847 members
    • 89 lapsed members in Q2, 20 so far in June, 171 YTD (student member who becomes individual will show as lapsed and new member)
    • 214 new members ytd, but only 22 renewals (Dan still needs to verify these numbers to make sure we don't have duplicate memberships from PICC and Cascadia)
  • Technical services report
    • Close to getting move done to new provider done.
  • Conference/events activities report
    • Lois worked at table at Federated conferences and signed up one new member.
  • Mentorship Status report
    • Two new mentorship coordinators and are new looking to expand the program.
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
  • Upcoming LOPSAgram and #lopsa-live (last meeting of the month only)
    • Last two years of LOPSAGrams up on the website for paid members.
  • Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
    • I'm trying to find time this week to talk to Tom.

Face-2-Face Planning (drich)

  • Discussion on setting a time and agenda for the Face to Face meeting with the new board members.

Leadership Committee (Trucks)

  • Discussion on how LC and Board communication and cooperation can be improved. Decided to discuss this at the Face to Face meeting

Sys Admin Appreciation Day (Disney)

  • Discussion on what LOPSA can do to celebrate Sys Admin day. No Progress with Zazzle set up and still working with a joint event with CIS. Looking for sponsorships. Decided to let locals know that we will sponsor a party, raffle, prizes at them to celebrate.

WiAC stipend status (Disney)

  • Lois reported that WiAC went well with the sponsorships. Matt will get a report from the recipients and publicize on the LOPSA site.


Matt moved to adjourn at 09:47, William seconded