Board meeting Minutes/8 January 2019
18 December 2018
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
29 January 2019
Minutes approved: 20 August 2019
- Andy Cowell (President), Brian Globerman (Treasurer), Drew Adams, Scott Suehle, Daniel Hodges
- Andree Jacobson, Danielle White, Mark Lamourine
- 9.11pm Eastern Time
- 9.40pm Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 4 New Business
- 5 Notes/announcements
- 6 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 18 December 2018
Andy moved to approve, Scott seconded, No objections
Treasurer's report (Globerman)
Bank balance on 06 January 2019: $29,917.24 + $961.11 since last update on 18 Dec 2018
- Bank Balance (total): 06 Jan 2019 (pdf)
- Profit and Loss Statement: 01 Dec - 31 Dec 2018, and Year 2018 (pdf)
Membership report (Hodges)
- Total active members: 610
- Paying: 269
- Non-paying: 341
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events (Adams, Matheson)
Branson is on par to take over Conferences and Events. Brian asks is SCALE will need payment for both. Drew mentions no cost typically for non-profit booth.
- Published short version of LOPSAGram was published. Mentioned updates in format, etc. requesting information from community.
- Drew and Roger will communicate about this new format going forward.
- Suggested donating to LOPSA.
Drew presents idea about interviewing the new LOPSA board members and featuring one per LOPSAGram.
Brian has discussed with Paul English about Hootsuite. LOPSA account was downgraded to free, and LOPSA got a refund of $300. Should think about managing social - Drew thinking about how to address some of these things.
Technical Services (White)
Note: Need email for Daniel Hodges (new board member).
Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
Current Xinspire site is down (mentor.lopsa.org) is down. Andy will work on getting a replacement in place. Until this has been resolved, Drew will make sure we have a temporary link up instead.
Would like to set up a date for the demo of the Twitch stream. Scott mentions that this should be doable. Several people will be viewers, and Drew will send out the link when it's time for the test broadcast.
Brian mentions he'll be moving to Bozeman, Indiana and will try to star
- LA - No report
- Columbus - No report
- ETENN - LOPSA is near the bottom of the meetups, However DevOps is big right now.
- Ottawa Valley System Administrators Guild - No report
- Seattle Area System Administrators Guild - Final meeting (with Brian just held)
- San Diego - No report
- NJ - No report
- Chicago - No report
No new business.
- Face to face meeting might need to be pushed out - Brian is moving (physically), suggesting a longer weekend video conference, and suggesting might need to push face to face until next election.
Andy Motioned for Adjournment Drew Seconded