Interim Board meeting Minutes/18 October 2004
< Interim Board meeting MinutesJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 00:36, 16 January 2006 by TreyBot (flagging page with 'SAGE')
4 October 2004
|Interim Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
25 October 2004
Minutes approved: 1 November 2004
This document is a board working paper, and commercial in confidence.
- Geoff Halprin, Lorette Cheswick, David Parter, Trey Harris
- 2004-10-18 1900 US/East
Meeting minutes (2004-10-04) approved by consent.
- Report from lawyer: NJ law presently allows electronic machines, but not Internet-based voting. As long as we include in our bylaws that our methods will deal with appropriate mechanisms. This defers the issue to policy.
- Trey: Can get it out tonight.
- LISA meeting: need to push USENIX meeting to 2200. fallback 21:30.
- Then SAGE get 19:30-21:30.
- Geoff: Get Mike to move meeting. (Action Point #20041018.01)
- Still awaiting final bylaws from lawyers for signature.
- Due 20/21.
- It should be close to final.
- Lorette: Please send out to board now (in advance of final). (Action Point #20041018.02)
- Transfer of membership
- Are there any formalities associated with xfer of membership?
- Can we convert opt-in to opt-out (via an email notice)?
- We need legal opinion on this.
- Lorette: Get lawyer to comment on transfer issues. (Action Point #20041018.03)
- Lorette: lawyer: when is it official?
- If we finish our stuff this week. Corp exists this week!
- Paperwork is for 501c6.
- What is impact of 501c6 on USENIX? Tax involved?
- USENIX lawyer will need approve this too.
- Geoff: Provide details to USENIX (Action Point #20041018.04)
- Received 17 responses to RFP.
- Geoff sorting through them.
- Got to happen this week (LISA timing).
- Want to get 2nd round shortlist due diligence while Geoff in USA.
- (If we proceed), hope to engage around end of year.
- Can/Should we get someone part time as interim measure.
- Geoff to take action item to investigate (Action Point #20041018.05)
- Tech team put together.
- Going for 80/20 option.
- Appropriate colo is around $100-$300 per month.
- Need way to pay for stuff.
- Was approved at last board meeting.
- Geoff must follow up with council and USENIX office.
- Logistics. SAGE store.
Memo to members -- MUST DO NOW
- Geoff to issue draft memo asap. (Action Point #20041018.06)
- Meetings now to be held weekly until LISA.
- Meeting closed