Difference between revisions of "Interim Board meeting Minutes/28 December 2004"

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (flagging page with 'SAGE')
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
{{SAGE maybe historical}}
+
{{SAGE historical}}
 
<br style="clear: both;" />
 
<br style="clear: both;" />
 
{| class="toccolours" border="1" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse; margin:0 auto;"
 
{| class="toccolours" border="1" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse; margin:0 auto;"

Latest revision as of 23:13, 21 January 2006

Comment

This website is not affiliated with SAGE or the USENIX Association. The use of the term "SAGE" below is historical, and refers either to the SAGE subgroup of USENIX, or to a precursor of the organization now called LOPSA.


Prior:
20 December 2004
Interim Board meeting Minutes Next:
10 January 2005


Minutes approved: 10 January 2005

This document is a board working paper, and commercial in confidence.

Present
Geoff Halprin, Lorette Cheswick, David Parter, Trey Harris
Meeting
2005-12-28 1900 US/East
Opened
19:00
Closed

1 REDACTION APPROVED.

Consent Agenda

Meeting minutes (2004-12-20) approved by consent.

Action Items

See action item register.

Unfinished Business

Legal Infrastrucure

  • Report from Lorette:
  • Paperwork re-submitted as "The System Administrators Guild, Inc." (Original submission as "SAGE, Inc." rejected for name clash.)
  • IRS has sent end-of-year forms. (We're official from their POV.)
  • Awaiting response from NJ State.

Operations Infrastructure

  • Geoff: Nothing to report on AMC project.
  • Spending several days disconnected over new year. Hope to catch up a bit then.
  • David: Should we form a committee to participate in the AMC process?
  • Lorette: Need to investigate D&O (Director and Officer) insurance.
  • {6 words redacted; business sensitivity}
  • Geoff:
  • Our running budget item has been around that amount.
  • We also need it to cover (a) volunteers, and (b) us from the acts of volunteers. [See the Guidebook.]

Computing Infrastructure

  • David: Nothing to report.

Outsourcing Agreement

  • Geoff to draft first revision.
  • Then circulate to board, then Kirk, then lawyers, then USENIX BOD.
  • Should we form a committee to review/assist with outsourcing agreement?
  • Lots of members with various experiences in outsourcing and contracts.
  • Must provide ability for AMC candidate to provide input on outsourcing agreement. (Geoff: We won't be able to engage an AMC until this agreement has been executed, thus guaranteeing cash flow.)
  • Wiki: Ideas area. Created.

Leadership Committee

Brochure

New Business

Unannounced business

Meeting closed
20:05