Board meeting Minutes/11 Jul 2016

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
27 Jun 2016
Board meeting Minutes Next:
25 Jul 2016



Minutes approved: 25 Jul 2016


  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
Present
(Subject to verification) Steve VanDevender, Paul English, Ski Kacoroski (chair), John Boris,George Beech,Matt Disney, Thomas Uphill, Atom Powers
Apologies
Guests
Opened
9:01 PM Eastern Time
Closed
9:37 PM Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

  • Deferred to July 25 2016 meeting Approve minutes of 27 Jun 2016

Action Items

No Action items

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Disney, Kacoroski)

Sorry for lack of Treasurer's report, especially after being absent previous meeting. We are having a serious problem with the Wells Fargo account. The problem is unclear, but it appears to be the case that Wells Fargo has suspended or closed the account due to needing some additional information. I have been on the phone with them this evening trying to understand what happened, but the customer service agents do not have all the information we need. I will be calling the person we set up the account with (in Albuquerque) directly in the morning to get more info. I will report back to the board by noon tomorrow. NB: The Wells Fargo account is only one of several accounts we have, so we still have a way to make/receive payments.

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • Total active members: 691 (previous report: 696, change: -5)
  • Paying: 440 (3 new in last 30 days)
  • Non-paying: 251 (17 new in last 30 days)

Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)

CasITconf will stay at the Deca. We will need a deposit to hold the date.

Lisa'16 (Kacoroski, Uphill)

no Report

Yerkes Award

Education (Kacoroski, Boris)

No Report

Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)

Paul would like to touch base with the Mentorship reboot to see if what is used there would fit for the speakers bureau.

Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)

  • Didn't get LOPSAgram sent today - last chance - anything to add?

Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)

Dan Rich (yes, that Dan ) Has agreed to be the Tech Team Chair.

We are working on a plan of action so he isn't setup to fail. More to come.

Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)

Craig has volunteers and is up and running with the start of the rebuild.

Recognition (Uphill, Disney)

Sysadmin Day

  • Paul: LOPSAgram says "watch for an email" - Thomas thinks we can send a separate email with a contest.
  • LOPSAgram says what we've said before: "Start planning your local party now. If you set up a meetup and 10 or more people sign up, send an email to communications@lopsa.org with the meetup link and LOPSA will send you 3 t-shirts to help celebrate SysAdmin day." - can we actually do this? Who has the shirts that can send them? (Paul: cannot).
  • Paul: link on lopsa.org goes to sysadminday.com, and https://lopsa.org/event-2275321. Perhaps we can list any local meetups at https://lopsa.org/event-2275321?
  • Sysadmin Day Hootsuite queue
  • The consensus of the board was to send T-Shirts to any Local that is holding an event/Meet up for the day. John will send shirts to Warner.
  • It was decided to have a contest for people to showcase their day as a sysadmin. They should tweet that to @lopsa with #SAtop10. The contest will cloase Midnight July 27 EDT. Or tweet us your favorite SySAdmin tool or Online Resource with #SAfavetool with the same deadline.

Warner Ohio Sysadminday (Boris)

I do an annual Sysadmin Day celebration:

       https://sysadminday2016.eventbrite.com

Would LOPSA like to contribute anything special for the day?


Best,

Warner

Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)

No Report

Face to Face Meeting (Kacoroski)

The meeting will be August 20-21 in Seattle. Ski was going to go back to the same Hotel but George informed him it looks like it is closed. George went by and saw it fenced in and being worked on. Ski will find a place for the meeting.

New Business

No new Business


Notes/announcements

Adjournment

 George Motioned for Adjournment
 Thomas Seconded