Board meeting Minutes/12 December 2005

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
6 December 2005
Board meeting Minutes Next:
19 December 2005



Minutes approved: 19 December 2005

Present
Subject to verification Tom Perrine (chair), Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker)
Apologies
Andrew Hume, Sam Albrecht
Opened
20:08 Eastern Time
Closed
20:49 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Other pending minutes/redactions approvals tabled to next meeting. Consent agenda approved

Action Items

Deferred until next meeting (19 December 2005)

Standing Report

  • Treasurer's report
    • Hume absent - no report
  • Membership report
    • Parter reports 176 current paid online members; 11 with payments pending; approximately 25 members paid but not signed up online
    • There are currently 376 accounts on the website (some of which may be dups) - we should follow up with those about becoming members
  • Online report
    • new Sysadmin of the Week posted
    • project signup almost ready to launch
    • we'll look into getting the BOF slides and audio recordings online (at least for the LOSPA BoFs), and offer to host other content as appropriate
    • there's a plan, but no defined time frame, for moving the public wiki content to lopsa.org

ACTION ITEM: Palmer, Potter to contact other contributors with hosting offer

Memberships

ACTION ITEM: Harris to work with Albrecht on a membership kit

Sponsors

  • currently, 21 Individual and 2 Corporate sponsors ($44,500 in sponsorships)
  • Wilson has contacted eclipse awards regarding sponsor plaques
  • several new prospects in view


New Business

7 Nov 2005 minutes

MOTION: by Harris seconded by Hughes: to amend the 7 November 2005 minutes to remove the secondary bulletpoint under "Logo". - passes

MOTION: by Harris, seconded by Parter: that the text following the word "arrowthorpe" be struck. - passes

New prospects

  • it was suggested that LOPSA look into having a booth at the upcoming MacWorld event.

ACTION ITEM: Solanki to look into MacWorld booth pricing.

  • sysadmins in the classified/confidential community are underserved - can we find a hook into them?

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Wilson, seconded by Palmer. Adjourned at 20:49 ET.