Board meeting Minutes/12 Sept 2011

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
29 Aug 2011
Board meeting Minutes Next:
26 Sept 2011



Minutes approved: 26 Sept 2011

Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
Present
Philip Kizer (chair), William Bilancio, Matt Disney, Chris St. Pierre, Nadine Miller, Dan Rich, Ski Kacoroski, Jesse Trucks
Apologies
Lois Bennett
Opened
2103 Eastern Time
Closed
2205 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

See RT Board Queue

RT Ticket Status
User Open tickets
Nobody 4
stpierre 3
drich 9
jessetrucks 2
lois 12
disneydisney 0
nnmiller 0
pckizer 4
ski 9
wbilancio 9

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • No status
  • Membership report
    • See CiviCRM
    • 48 lapsed members this quarter, 11 in Aug
    • Need to contact lapsed members to figure out why they are not renewing
Membership Summary (counts are new / renewed / total)
Members by Type Aug Sep (MTD) 2011 (YTD) Current #
Individual 42 / 14 / 66 6 / 1 / 7 272 / 43 / 315 564
Student 0 / 0 / 0 1 / 0 / 1 16 / 1 / 17 39
Honorary 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0
Charter 0 / 11 / 11 0 / 0 / 0 1 / 19 / 20 139
Founding 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 1 / 1 12
Complimentary 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 1 / 0 / 1 1
Totals (all types) 52 / 25 / 77 7 / 1 / 8 290 / 64 / 354 755
    • Board members will try to do articles (blog posts) on the areas they are responsible and champion.
  • Technical services report
    • Tech services clearing house for any technical project. Tech Team is just responsible for core server services now. All other projects will have people assigned to them as needed. Tech Team is Matt Okeson-Harlow and Chris Layton. Dev server up and running. Starting to test Drupal 7.
    • Matt Simmons is starting to set up a kit of things that would be helpful for new locals
  • Conference/events activities report
    • Did a table at OLF last weekend. Lots of people stopped by.
    • Lisa will be discussed below.
    • Scale is the next focus. Need trainers - (8) 1/2 day classes
    • PICC and Cascadia are next.
    • John Boris will be conference chair for PICC
    • Nadine's husband will help with writing up the sponsorship letter
    • Aiming to get Microsoft as a sponsor for Cascadia and PICC
  • Mentorship Status report
    • No status
  • Development report
    • Writing up sponsorship packet for LOPSA to send out to possible sponsors
    • Each board member should send Philip for 3 companies we should be asking to sponsor us
  • Upcoming LOPSAgram
    • Looking for more information
    • Nadine will write up text for board volunteer policy
    • Do blog posting results next time


Discuss/approve new provisional chapter, Ohio (Kizer)

We received a request to grant provisional status to a new chapter in Columbus, Ohio. They provided the documentation that should be necessary to indicate the satisfaction of the requirements.

Motion to approve by Ski, seconded by William, motion passed unanimously

Global Netwatch Monitoring sponsor/benefit status (Disney)

A webinar and introductory discussion has been scheduled with Global Netwatch for this week to recruit them as a sponsor and/or discounting partner of LOPSA. Meeting details below; all board members are welcome to participate.

LISA presence status (Disney)

  • Suggested that Matt contact folks from previous years
  • Decided yes on the badge holders
  • Use just-in-time business cards also
  • Luggage tag supplies are ok, may need to order stickers and other items, William will check on this
  • Discussed getting shirts from other places (Lands End perhaps)
  • Discussed ideas of LOPSA BOFs and/or hospitality suite. Possibly a job's fair BOF. Stupid system admin or horror stories on open mike BOF. Who traveled the farthest, Number of jobs, Oldest OS, Number of OS's, etc. LOPSA Late night idea. Panel BOF idea (filesystems, hypervisors, etc.). William offered to MC. Nadine will check into the file system BOF.

Next Agenda item... (NAME)

New Business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

    • Set up LOPSA Live before LISA

Adjournment

Motion to adjourn by Dan at 2205, Seconded by William