Board meeting Minutes/14 August 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
5 August 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
28 August 2007



Minutes approved: 28 August 2007

Present
Trey Harris (chair), Bob Apthorpe, Matthew Barr (joined at 19:51), Philip Kizer, David Parter, Stephen Potter (note taker), Jesse Trucks, Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Derek Balling, (Chris Palmer)
Opened
19:06 Eastern Time with Quorum of 6 members
Closed
20:10 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

  • Motion to change the official name from The System Administrators Guild, Inc., a New Jersey nonprofit corporation, to The League of Professional System Administrators, Inc. All instances of "The System Administrators Guild" in the Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, and Policies shall be amended to "The League of Professional System Administrators", except where such instance refers to another entity. All instances of the name "SAGE" in the Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, and Policies shall be amended to the name "LOPSA", except where such instance refers to another entity.

Consent agenda passed.

Action Items

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
all monthly reports from Sam uploaded to the board wiki - spp
  • Membership report
    • See memberdata report for this week's status
20% conversion of non-paid members would add 33% to our numbers
  • Online report
no report
  • Sysadmin Days report -
no report, to be removed next week
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
no report
  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
no report

Chair requests AH/Staff Report to be added going forward.

Committee assignments

Flesh out committee assignments for the Board

Sense of board to complete assignments through email, focusing on overall load and skills

Finance committee: current Potter, Barr, explanation of purposes

Board committee versus program committees discussion

AI: Harris: Figure out state of committee policy, return with active/defunct committees

Replicating OLF, SCALE experiences (spp)

Just noticed another OLF... Ontario Linux Fest. This appears to be the first year for the new OLF, do we want to try and get involved early?

Also of note is our early conversations with YAPC seem positive.

David: Make sure we don't fall into a Linux rut

Barr joins at 7:51 Eastern

Discussion of activities for OLF and SCALE training and booths

Need to instantiate a conference committee separate from Crossbow (training)

AI: Potter: Attempt to contact OnLF to explore opportunities

Code of Ethics

  • It's time to reorder. Are there any revision plans?

None for next three months at least

need new liaison to existing ethics committee; Hume was contact

AI: Sam: to check with Hans about tracking volunteers

New Business

Should Derek continue to seek out vendors for AV/AS solutions (as donations and/or sponsorships) for a potential offering of lopsa.org (or members.lopsa.org) e-mail forwarding solution?

Ok to talk to people without committing; once we determine if there is interest, we should create an RFP

Notes/announcements

Adjournment

MOTION to Adjourn (potter), second (Trucks). No objection. Adjourned at 8:10