Board meeting Minutes/28 August 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
14 August 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
11 September 2007



Minutes approved: 11 September 2007

Present
Trey Harris (chair), Bob Apthorpe, Matthew Barr, Philip Kizer, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter (minutes), Jesse Trucks, Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Derek Balling
Opened
7:05 Eastern Time
Closed
8:22 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Passed without comment

Action Items

Albrecht:

  • Contact Hans regarding tracking of volunteers for program committees - no activity

Harris:

  • Figure out state of committee policy, return with recommendation on policy and active/defunct committees — still in progress, defer to next meeting

Potter:

  • Contact OnLF regarding potential involvement and set stage for mini-SA days discussion - no response from OnLF

Standing Reports

  • Executive Director's report

Information presented about monthly expenses and hours; will provide more detail regarding Sysadmin Days next meeting

  • Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)

Nothing to add

  • Membership report
    • See member data report for this week's status
  • Online report

MOTION: (Kizer) Second (Palmer) To appoint Trucks as tech team liaison; passes without objection

  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)

Template up; not much content yet - need mention of OLF, LISA (new section "Upcoming Events")

Committees

  • The consensus at last meeting was that the Committees policy should be altered to eliminate the laundry list and instead make the policy reflect the Board's philosophy on committees, specifically on the purpose and makeup of board-level versus program committees.

Board Committees

  • Finance committee: Bob joins Steve and Matt
  • Partnership and Development committee: looking for a chair
  • Policy committee: housekeeping activity, no need for standing committee
  • Communications: reconvene with Chris as chair
  • Membership development: chaired by Jesse

Program committees

  • AI: For all liaisons: find chair, develop charge
  • Rename Online Services Committee to Technical Services Committee and appoint Jesse Trucks as Board liaison
  • Awards: refocus on developing awards, David as liaison
  • Conference Planning: need a more strategic focus than previously, Matt as liaison
  • Locals: Bob as liaison
  • Content Services: Chris as liaison
  • Volunteer Services: Lufthans?
  • Crossbow: (Training)

Potential: Public policy (try and get TAL to chair), what about Marketing (can it be Marketing/Communications), Ethics/Professional Responsibility (AI: Steve to think about)

New Business

First new item...

Notes/announcements

Trey to miss next (9/11); Phil to chair next meeting

Adjournment

Motion to Adjourn (Kizer, Potter) at 8:22