Board meeting Minutes/15 Jun 2015

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
1 Jun 2015
Board meeting Minutes Next:
29 Jun 2015


Minutes approved: 13 Jul 2015


  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
Present
(Subject to verification) Dan Rich (chair), Ski Kacoroski, William Bilancio, Steve VanDevender, Matt Disney, Thomas Uphill,John Boris,
Apologies
 ? George Beech, Mark Honomichl
Guests
 ?
Opened
9:10 PM Eastern Time
Closed
9:27 PM Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Board Members were asked to review their Action Items.

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Disney)

  • Balance info
    • BoA Account: $56,777.71
    • PayPal Account: $3,200.08
    • TDBank: $2,000.81
    • Total: $61,978.60
      • +/- from last meeting: -$136.22
      • LOPSA Balance: $50,892.89
      • CasITConf Balance: $11,085.71


  • Summary of expenditures since last report:
    • Budgeted operational expenses
  • Summary of income since last report:
    • Membership dues
  • Outstanding assets
  • Outstanding liabilities
    • Cascadia accounts payable ($750.00)


  • Top priorities
    • Cascadia: accounts payable, accounts receivable, contract for next year
    • Budget
    • Scott Koch refund
    • Transition bank accounts
    • 2013 990
    • 2014 990
    • Assuming HootSuite charges

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • See CiviCRM
  • Previous Month:
    • New: 23 (19 students)
    • Renew: 7 (2 students)
    • Lapsed: 108
  • Month to Date:
    • New: 5 (3 students)
    • Renew: 0 (0 students)
    • Lapsed: 20
  • Total: 613 (444 paying)

Dan asked Steve about setting a definite time to work on the Cascadia 2015 import. Dan referenced an e-mail from two weeks ago. He still needs better data, i.e. the Eventbrite CSV/spreadsheet, not just a list of attendees. Matt will get the email and send out the data.

Conference/events activities report (Bilancio)

William is conversing with Ohio Linux Fest and Scale. He will have more in a few weeks.

Lisa'15 (Kacoroski)

I am still looking for ideas for how to best celebrate our 10th year anniversary. Any one who wants to work with me on this, please let me know.

Local Chapter Committee report (Bilancio)

William is working with people in Portland who are close to getting a group together to hold a meeting.

Ski asked William if he could get some information from the local chapters for the LOPSAgram. William confirmed the list is accurate and Ski stated that he doesn't get answers from most of them. William will verify the list again to make sure it is current.

Development report (Kacoroski)

No report

Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (Kacoroski)

Collecting content for the LOPSAGram going out on July 1st. Also expect to send an email to all members in the next few days about the elections. An email went out on June 15th concerning the questions for the candidates.

Liaison reports (LC, etc.)

Technical Services Report (Bilancio)

Looking for new leader of Tech Team. Chan has stepped down as the leader. Philip doesn't have the time to do it. I will be doing the job till I find someone.

William is looking for the notes to convert the email over to gmail.

Mentorship Report (Beech)

No Report

Leadership Committee (Kacoroski)

We have 6 candidates for 4 positions. The draft schedule that the LC is working on is:

  • 6/9/2015 Slate Finalized - DONE
  • 6/15/2015 Candidate Statements - Paul outstanding
  • 6/17/2015 Questions Asked
  • 6/19/2015 Answers Published
  • 6/19/2015 Open election
  • 6/30/2015 End election

This has been mailed to all candidates and the posting on the website changed to reflect this timeline.

And we have one candidate lined up for next year already (he could not make it this year because his membership had lapsed and renewed less than a year ago).

Conferencing... (Ski)

Just wanted to close this out. Will hangouts work or should I keep looking?

Rich: I would propose we keep using hangouts for the remainder of the term, and the board can discuss new solutions at the face-to-face if we find that isn't working.


Ski will contact GoTo meeting for the non profit pricing.

A discussion followed about using hangouts. There are issues with hangouts. The Linux users may have a difficulty.

Dan recommended that the secretary start the hangout. John will take that over and run a test run.

Sysadmin Day

Ski has two vendors with prizes for the contest. One of the prizes is a Raspberry Pi and another is a Gift Card of some kind.

New Business

No new business

Notes/announcements

No notes or announcements

Adjournment

Thomas motioned for adjournment William Seconded