Board meeting Minutes/19 June 2006

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
12 June 2006
Board meeting Minutes Next:
26 June 2006



Minutes approved: 26 June 2006

Present
Tom Perrine (chair), Matthew Barr, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Trey Harris
Opened
20:03 Eastern Time
Closed
21:08 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Consent agenda approved

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)

[Palmer joins at 20:09]

  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Invitation from "S" to partner on an upcoming event. - Albrecht and Wilson will investigate.

[Parter joins at 20:10]

  • Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • press releases for 500th member? - Palmer will write a press release.
    • LOPSA profile of 500th member? - Parter will contact the member for comments.
  • Membership Committee

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
    • Training event (Parter): see wiki - in progress
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Parter - Monthly transaction/product sales reports - backburnered
    • Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - no action; Parter will recruit help
    • Parter - Sponsorships page from database - backburnered
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Prepare statement about AH payment [due 6/19] - no action
    • Hume - prepare annual financial report [due 6/19] - no action
  • Albrecht:
    • Coordinate (with Perrine) volunteers for outreach project. - in progress
    • Touch base with IRS [due 6/26]
      • Called IRS on 6/13. Application was on his desk, still waiting for a copy of the filed Articles of Incorporation. His initial request was for a copy of the Articles of Incorporation that we had filed with the state of NJ - a little different from a filed copy, which I've now requested from the state of NJ. It should be here in a couple of weeks, and then I'll send it to him. Recommend keeping this open and changing the new due date to 7/17/06.
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Post a description of the Resume Standards project - no report
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval - no report
  • Hughes:
  • Hume:
    • Work with Usenix to pursuade them to sign a grant letter to the IRS - a situation update was given
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All
    • Re-read business plan

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See report for this week's status
  • Online report

Business plan review and approval

Final discussion regarding purpose (directional) and malleability (it's a living document) of the business plan.

[Barr joins at 20:50]

MOTION: to approve the business plan by Wilson, seconded by Hume Passes.

Volunteer recognition program

MOTION: by Hume, seconded by Hughes to adopt the Volunteer Recognition Program as proposed. Passes.

Approve Storage Networking MOU

  • Per ongoing discussions with Storage Network Users Group since LISA, the MOU is now at a point where I recommend approval by the LOPSA Board of Directors. See: Storage Networking MOU
  • While the MOU is short on specifics, additional details have been worked out by email:
    • No exchange of membership lists, but an email sent out to each group announcing the partnership.
    • UCSD will write and issue the press release with input from LOPSA
    • They don't have any meetings, but are interested in free booth space if we have availability.
    • They will distribute our membership literature/flyer at local SNUG meetings if the local leader finds it appropriate.
    • Link exchange to: http://www.storagenetworking.org/about_affiliates.asp and info about LOPSA posated there. We'd need to create a link for Industry Partners, under "Community".
    • Interested in exploring occasional joint locals meetings where thare are locals from both groups in the same city.

MOTION: by Wilson, seconded by Palmer to adopt the Storage Networking MOU as written. Passes.

ACTION ITEM: Hume to chat with the SNIA Chief Scientist regarding possible partnering.

Sponsorship Development

Deferred until 26 June meeting

ACTION ITEM: All to individually consider sponsorship development opportunities in preparation for brainstorming on 6/26

It was noted that Hughes has had inquiries from a number of firms regarding posting on the jobs board.

Notes/announcements

The April financials were email and received by the Board.

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Palmer, seconded by Hume. Passes. Adjourned at 21:07 ET