Board meeting Minutes/26 March 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
19 March 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
2 April 2007



Minutes approved: 2 April 2007

Present
Tom Perrine (chair), Matthew Barr, Doug Hughes, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Trey Harris
Opened
20:06 Eastern Time
Closed
20:52 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

  • Approve minutes of 19 March 2007
  • record email MOTION by Hughes, seconded by Barr to allow an exception to the LOPSA logo usage rules to allow it to be uploaded to the LOPSA page on Wikipedia. Passes.

Consent agenda passes.

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - no report
    • Barr, Albrecht - Contact SCALE regarding future cooperation [due 2/26] - no progress
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)

ACTION ITEM: Perrine to request a status report from Filderman

  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20] - no action
  • Membership Committee
    • Hughes - Work on different instances of member renewal letters - no progress
    • Hughes - Set up system so that Solanki can run member address report - DONE
    • Wilson - Send mail to lopsa-discuss reminding members of privacy opt-out feature - DONE
    • Parter - Set up retention-rate report - no action
    • tech-team - Instrument website for Google analytics - no action

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - in progress Albrecht will issue a press release
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position - no action

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Provide at Dec 2006 Treasurer's report writeup for the Board and for the web site - no report
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501.c.3 status [due 3/12] - in progress now due 4/9
  • Barr:
    • php-list(?) mailer integration into Drupal - no action give this to the tech-team
  • Harris:
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no report
    • Gather material for Halprin request [2/26] - no report
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 4/1]
    • Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas. - no action
  • Hume:
    • Chat with SNIA regarding possible partnering (low priority) - no report
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - no report
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Perrine will work with Sam and Michele on "CONVERSION" of visitors to members - no action
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
    • Determine whether there's enough interest to staff a booth at Linuxfest Northwest - DONE no response to mail; assume this means insufficient interest
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the online report for this week's status

Still need to convert non-members. Wilson will remove junk accounts (e.g. "free ringtones") from account database.

  • Online report

Palmer appears to be experimenting with a site cleanup/reorg on the test server

  • Sysadmin Days report

Dates chosen, program mostly ready. With luck, will be able to announce this week

  • Development report

Getting more sponsors (especially corporate ones) is key. A strategy session is on the agenda for next week.

  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)

Topics suggested. We've approved advertizing in the MtM, now need to sell some ads. Staff will work on this

#lopsa-live planning

The March #lopsa-live is on Weds the 28th from 5-6PM EST.

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Barr, seconded by Potter Passes. Adjourned at 20:52 ET