Board meeting Minutes/2 April 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
26 March 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
9 April 2007



Minutes approved: 9 April 2007

Present
Tom Perrine (chair), Trey Harris, Chris Palmer, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht, Michele Biordi
Apologies
Matthew Barr, David Parter
Opened
20:32 Eastern Time
Closed
20:39 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Consent agenda passes

Action Items

due to lateness of hour and absence of many Board members, the rest of the agenda was tabled

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner
    • Barr, Albrecht - Contact SCALE regarding future cooperation [due 2/26]
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
    • Perrine - Request a status report from Filderman - DONE, and a reply has been received (4/2)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20] - no activity
  • Membership Committee
    • Hughes - Work on different instances of member renewal letters
    • Parter - Set up retention-rate report
    • tech-team - Instrument website for Google analytics - DONE

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update
    • tech-team php-list(?) mailer integration into Drupal
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Provide at Dec 2006 Treasurer's report writeup for the Board and for the web site
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501.c.3 status [due 4/9]
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority)
    • Gather material for Halprin request [2/26]
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 4/1]
    • Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas.
  • Hume:
    • Chat with SNIA regarding possible partnering (low priority)
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Perrine will work with Sam and Michele on "CONVERSION" of visitors to members - in progress first conf call was 3/29
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the report online for this week's status
  • Online report
  • Sysadmin Days report

Hotel contract has been received at AH.

  • Development report
  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)

Sponsorship review

An informal chat with Michele Biordi.

ACTION ITEM: Each Board member to send Biordi 3 contact names by 6 April

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Harris, seconded by Palmer adjourned at 20:39 ET