Board meeting Minutes/28 Jan 2013

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
14 Jan 2013
Board meeting Minutes Next:
11 Feb 2013



Minutes approved: 25 Feb 2013


Present
(Subject to verification) Philip Kizer (chair), William Bilancio, John Boris, Dan Rich, Ski Kacoroski, Evan Pettrey, Matt Disney (late)
Apologies
Martin Gehrke, Jesse Trucks
Opened
20:04 Eastern Time
Closed
21:05 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

  • Minutes are on hold.

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report
    • Evan needs to move money to tier one and Jesse can help with the credentials.
    • We have our NJ Sales tax certificate. Change the Sage to LOPSA. If we can. Evan will look into it.
    • Ski has a general sponsorship letter we can use to send out. It looks like everyone is having a hard time drumming up business.
    • William says that it is budget time and the economy is slow. Ski thinks they may be earmarking their money to more product specific areas.
    • Dan feels we should be more specific to our potential sponsors as to what we want to use their money for.
  • Membership report
      • Summary provided, no responses for non-renewals
    • It looks like PayPal pro is helping.
  • Technical services report
    • Slight problem with tech team going to Splunk. Mail got messed up for a bit and all was fixed by Friday of last week. The Tech team will discuss the issue.
  • Conference/events activities report
    • SCALE coming up.
    • Cascadia getting ready to open
    • LOPSA-East just rolled out their schedule and web site
    • SCALE coming up.
      • 1 trainer, 2 classes due to a loss of a room. Aleksey is doing both classes.
      • Dan, Ski is working the table. We are next to USENIX. Ski is setting up signupgenius for the volunteers
  • Mentorship Status report
    • Weekly Meeting (Google Hangout) held Thursday Jan 24. Discussed LOPSAGram The team developed a request for people to be part of the core team. I will be acting as a quasi Co-Chair until Edward gets through the Fiscal year crush on his end. (Probably after April 15th). Me and Lois are on Call next week.
  • Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc)
    • LOPSAGram will go out this week - content appreciated
    • Please fill out lopsa-live doodle for Feb.
    • Working with William to get Ad up on Matt Simmons blog
    • Ski and Phil will discuss a hangout
  • Project Management report

No Report this week

  • Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
    • Dan would like to pass the LC coordinator position over to William.
      • Need: LC status, election status, communication plan

D&O Insurance Update (Kizer)

  • Summary: new provider is now active

SIGs (Pettrey)

  • Evan met with Nathan Harvey. Nathen is interested in potentially making DevOpsDC the first LOPSA SIG. Evan says they have about 400 members. Our Policy needs a review to see if it is still current.
  • DevOPsDc is better as an affiliate
  • Discussion of what is a SIG. Define difference between a SIG and an Affiliate. General consensus that this doesn't really fit our definition of a SIG.

WiAC Stipend (Disney)

  • I would like LOPSA to match a $750 donation in order to guarantee at least one $1500 stipend for WiAC '13 ($750 commitment by LOPSA). I would also like to pursue a crowd-funding effort to fund a second stipend, which would either increase the stipend to $2000 or provide a second stipend.
  • Motion by Matt that LOPSA commits to match a $750 donation to provide for $1500 stipend for Wiac
  • William second
  • Motion approved.

Adjournment

Ski motioned for adjournment William second