Board meeting Minutes/2 October 2008
28 September 2008 Special Meeting
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
13 October 2008
Minutes approved: 13 October 2008
- Trey Harris (chair), Derek Balling, Matthew Barr, Philip Kizer, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Jesse Trucks, Deepa Solanki
- Bob Apthorpe
- 8:01 Eastern Time
- 9:06 Eastern Time
- Consent Agenda Approved
- Approve minutes of 15 September 2008
- Record notice of meeting rescheduling to this date, as provided for by Article 6 of the Bylaws. Official notice transmitted to Board by President on 24 September 2008, more than one week prior to new meeting date. Subject to Article 6 of the Bylaws, waiver of notice is not required.
- Record motion by email: MOTION: To move that we allocate $500 towards Trey's airfare to San Diego for LISA, and that we authorize the extension of the suite dates to match his arrival and departure dates in San Diego. Moved by Balling, seconded by Palmer, and passed on 23 Sept 2008.
- Banner for LISA up on website (Palmer)- complete
- Executive Director's report
- Technical services report
- D. Alexander may call for volunteers on the web redesign project.
LISA 2008 Planning
- Travel and rooms for non-employer-sponsored board members and ED to the conference
- New Banner for the booth? (new after dark banner as well?)
- Permission to re-fill supply of T-shirts/Polos/Oxfords?
- New schwag items for 2008? Just continue to use luggage tags (they were popular)? If so, do we need more?
- Schedule of who will be manning the booth when (a board member should be in the booth at all times?)
- Who is "in charge" on which nights of After Dark? (no repeats of last year's Rackspace guy!!)
- What time slot do we want for the Annual Meeting BOF?
- LISA is five weeks from today. Seriously, we need to nail this stuff down.
- Discussion regarding S. Albrecht's attendance. Wait till 10/10 for confirmation before booking flight. Hotel has already been booked for 11/9 and 11/10.
MOTION: Move to to authorize $4,000 for hotel and airfare for non-corporate-sponsored board members and for the Executive Director to attend LISA conference from Sunday to Tuesday/Wednesday. Motion by Balling. Seconded by Kizer. Passes without dissent.
- Who created this?
- Do we want to fork the IRC community into "technical" and "non-technical" discussion like that?
Consensus is that having a separate channel does not cause harm and may help. LOPSA will not put any policy limitations on either channel at this time.
Executive Session (Harris)
Board enters Executive Session at 9:06 pm.
Board exits Executive Session at 9:41 pm.
MOTION to adjourn by Balling, second Kizer. Passed.
Board adjourns at 9:42 pm.