Board meeting Minutes/13 October 2008
2 October 2008
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
27 October 2008
Minutes approved: 10 November 2008
- Trey Harris (chair), Derek Balling, Philip Kizer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Deepa Solanki
- Bob Apthorpe, Jesse Trucks
- Matthew Barr, Chris Palmer
- 8:09 Eastern Time
- 9:02 Eastern Time
- Executive Director's report
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- Technical services report
- Conference/events activities report
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
OLF post-mortem (Potter)
- Discuss what happened at OLF.
Board visibility of budget (Parter)
- Discuss feasibility/desirability of Board having access to current budget at all times rather than just as approved
Discretionary spending policy (Potter)
- Discuss policy for discretionary spending by directors. Potter will work on a policy.
Website SSL certificate issues (Trucks)
- Current certificate situation causes warnings on some browsers on login. Solution may cost $$. Discuss.
Jobs Board (Balling)
- Can we sort out once and for all what we want the pricing model of the jobs board to be? Other organizations don't charge their members to post jobs, should we really be doing so? (This may mean us spending money for the job listings ourselves or changing to a different solution, but we should have our offering in this space be competitive with other orgs).
LISA Planning (Balling)
- Still remain some stragglers who have not booked airfare and hotel.
- Go over concepts for new booth banners. Authorize Derek to get them ordered?
- Derek tasked with determining quantities of shirts to order
- Derek tasked with figuring out what schwag item to go with for this year.
- Please make sure to fill out the schedule with what times you'll be at the booth.
- BOF slot is Wed. 11/12, @ 7:30-8:30pm.
MOTION by Balling, second Kizer to adjourn. Passed.
Board adjourns at 9:02pm.