Board meeting Minutes/5 February 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
29 January 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
12 February 2007



Minutes approved: 12 February 2007

Present
Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (chair, note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Chris Palmer, Tom Perrine
Opened
20:06 Eastern Time
Closed
21:31 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Consent agenda approved

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
    • Wilson - Follow up on LISA discussion with BlueArc - no response to mail - will resend
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - no report
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks - no report
  • Membership Committee
    • Hughes - Automate the renewal letter process - no progres
    • Parter - Send a note to the prospects gathered at LISA - no progress
    • Wilson - Determine the Q1 drawing prize - DONE

ACTION ITEM: Hughes and/or Parter to determine 4Q2006 winner

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)

ACTION ITEM: Palmer, Potter to draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position

  • Locals Committee (Perrine)

Non-Committee

  • Financial
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501.c.3 status - (still) in progress no word from NJ
    • Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 2/1] - no progress now due 2/12
    • Finalize pricing structure and bring back to the Board for JobTarget job board [due 2/12]

[ Harris leaves at 20:13 ET ]

  • Barr:
    • talk to MIT spam people - in progress contact unavailable until 2/12; final dates for 2007 are announced
    • php-list(?) mailer integration into Drupal - in progress
  • Harris:
    • Set up wiki for Resume Standards project [due 2/12]
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority)
    • Gather material for Halprin request [due 2/5] - no report
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on resume resources skeleton/framework (should have status by mid February) [due 2/19]
  • Hume:
    • Chat with SNIA regarding possible partnering - in progress still wait for response; Hume will call contact
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
  • Potter:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee (Potter requests this be handed off) - DONE now Hume's action item
    • Draft a new charter for the combined Development/Partnership committee - in progress
  • Wilson:
    • Request status report from Potter to facilitate Code of Ethics project handoff - DONE
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)

Things continue to look plausible. Hume will prepare a Dec 2006 writeup for the Board and something for the website.

  • Membership report
    • See the online report for this week's status

Renewal mail needs to continue to be sent out.

[ Harris returns at 20:26 ET ]

SCALE is the 9th-11th. LOPSA has a booth. We should be in conversations with SCALE concerning synergies for future years.

ACTION ITEM: Barr and Albrecht to contact SCALE regarding future cooperation

  • Online report

Content is stagnant. Blogs should be easier to find.

  • Sysadmin Days report

A venue has been determined; preliminary program exists.

ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to send budget to Board for approval.

  • Development report

2007 Strategic Planning

An extensive discussion resulted in the following points of consensus:

  • making Sysadmin Days a success is a top priority
  • LOPSA needs something to set it apart and energize its base
  • the website needs to be more dynamic

[ Parter leaves at 20:54 ET ]

[ Hughes leaves at 21:09 ET ]

[ Albrecht leaves at 21:27 ET ]

ACTION ITEM: Potter and Palmer will draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position

ACTION ITEM: Harris will write up a list of needs for the resume standards project

ACTTION ITEM: Hughes will describe his idea of what he thinks consulting resources should be

ACTION ITEM: All to think of a defining issue that will energize the base

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Barr, seconded by Hume Passes. Adjourned at 21:31 ET