Board meeting Minutes/7 August 2006

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
31 July 2006
Board meeting Minutes Next:
21 August 2006



Minutes approved: 21 August 2006

Present
Pat Wilson(chair), Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes(note taker), Andrew Hume, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Tom Perrine
Opened
20:02 Eastern Time
Closed
21:02 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Consent agenda passed.

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
    • Albrecht - Provide list of materials for development kit [due 8/7] - in progress Sample kits mailed to Wilson/Potter. Sample letters loaded to wiki - in Developement.
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - no report
    • Perrine - SysAdminDay wrap-up items
      • Write a "lessons learned" recap document of the Sysadmin Day project for internal use - initial draft done; see Sysadmin Day Wrap-up document
      • Thank you letter - in progress' first draft at Sysadminday 2006 thank_you letter, needs Board input
      • (still need volunteer appreciation plan!)

ACTION ITEM: Palmer, Perrine, Parter to designate which appreciations go to which people.

  • Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Parter - Contact the 500th member for comments for a "member profile" [due 7/24] - emailed, awaiting response
    • Harris - Send Palmer appropriate wording conveying sense of Board decision regarding Rich's column name - DONE
    • Palmer - Convey Board's decision and negotiate with Rich - no report
  • Membership Committee
    • Perrine - initial guidelines for visistor to member conversion - DONE - see Visitor_to_member_conversion_plan document

ACTION ITEM: Harris, Palmer to initiate template(s) for future conversion guidelines to be sent out this month [due 8/15]

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - on hold
    • Hughes - Set up email alias for member who volunteered $company problem escalation service - in progress. Call for other escalation volunteers to be made in Memo to Members.
    • Hughes - Add Pearson info to discount page - DONE
    • Hughes - fix Jobs board geographic data for summaries - not done
    • Hughes - followup on podcast RSS feed for LOPSA website [due 8/14]
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Prepare statement about AH payment [due 6/26] - in progress
    • Hume - prepare annual financial report [due 6/26] - in progress
  • Albrecht:
    • Touch base with IRS - in progress next status due 8/28
    • Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 8/28]
    • Send notice of designated Annual Meeting to the Board - not done
    • Sign and return Ohio LinuxFest agreement - DONE
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Restart Resume Standards project - in progress
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - in progress
  • Hughes:
  • Hume:
    • Work with Usenix to pursuade them to sign a grant letter to the IRS - stale item; remove
    • Chat with the SNIA Chief Scientist regarding possible partnering in progress waiting for reply to email; next status due [9/11]
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Contact Leadership Committee regarding next (summer 2007) election [due 8/7] - not done: election schedule not yet set see Initial Draft document]
    • Designate initial chunks of business plan for "wikifying" - see agenda below
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:
    • Help Perrine "wikify" the business plan. - see agenda, below

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
    • Monthly financials not yet complete - defer until 8/14 meeting
  • Membership report
    • See the reort online for this week's status
  • Online report
  • Training event report
    • Had a productive conference call on Friday to review the topics list (from the work the board did) and revise it. Next con call: Tuesday. topcs: continue with topics, discuss format and getting others involved. The event planning wiki is up and running.
  • Development report
    • awaiting a logo from BlueArc

Writing assignments for conversion of business plan to wiki

Here are the sections and raw page counts. Please pick up at least ONE section for conversion.

  1. Executive Summary, 2 pp Barr
  2. Organization Summary, 2 pp Wilson
  3. Products and Services, 1 page Wilson
  4. Market Analysis, 5 pp Harris
  5. Strategy, 9 pp Potter
  6. Web Plan, 2 pp Hughes
  7. Management Summary, 2 pp Wilson
  8. Financial Plan, 8 pp Hume
  9. Appendices, 4 pp (generated summary tables, no need to convert) Wilson/Perrine

Templates created by Harris.

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Potter, seconded by Parter Passes. Adjourned at 21:02 ET