Board meeting Minutes/8 Feb 2016

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
25 Jan 2016
Board meeting Minutes Next:
22 Feb 2016




Minutes approved: 22 Feb 2016


  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting! ,
Present
(Subject to verification) ? Ski Kacoroski (chair), Steve VanDevender, Matt Disney, William Bilancio, Paul English, George Beech, Atom Powers, Thomas Uphill
Apologies
John Boris
Guests
 ?
Opened
9:05 PM Eastern Time
Closed
9:33 PM Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Board members are asked to review their respective RT queues for action items and open tickets

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Disney, Kacoroski)

    • BoA Account: $47,518.58
    • PayPal Account: $11,889.22
    • TDBank: $2,001.21
    • Total: $61,409.01
      • +/- from last report: $4,071.88
      • LOPSA Balance: $51,951.20
      • CasITConf Balance: $9,457.81
  • Summary of expenditures since last report:
    • Budgeted operations
    • Square chip card reader
  • Summary of income since last report:
    • Membership dues
    • Cascadia 2016 Registrations
  • Top priorities
    • CasITConf contracts
    • EIN for LOPSA East
    • Transition bank accounts
    • 2014 990
    • Assuming HootSuite charges
    • Finances committee charter
    • Locals financial management

Matt commented that the use of Wild Apricot although it is smoother it does not get tagged correctly. Although it is tagged in the Event report he still has to manually reconcile it with Quick Books.

Membership report (VanDevender, Bilancio)

  • Total active members: 663 (previous report: 667, change: -3)
  • Paying: 452 (13 new in last 30 days)
  • Non-paying: 211 (12 new in last 30 days)

Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.

No replies to my message to pending student members. Only a couple of recent new applications have included student ID.

Committee reports

Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Bilancio, Powers)

LOPSA-East

LOPSA-East's schedule is being put together this week and the registration will open February 15/16. They are waiting to hear back from a few trainers and have a lead for a Keynote speaker.

Cascadia

Cascadia is into their first week of registration and it is a slow start. Atom will be emailing the past attendees. William suggested that Atom do a mass mailing to all members on the West Coast as it worked very well in the past for PICC/LOPSA-East.

Chapters

William will be reaching out to the East Coast chapters if they want to be on the LOPSA-East page and give them a discount code (Usually 10%)

Paul will see about sending something out to SAASAG.

Ski asked Paul to load up the Tweets to go out about the conference.

Paul responded to a question of bulk registering people for Cascadia and he pointed them to Wild Apricot but for now it has to be one at a time.

William explained it is a trade off where we get to use their mailing list in trade for the discount.

Education (Kacoroski, Boris)

Nothing to report

Speakers Bureau (Powers, English)

Nothing to report

Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)

  • LOPSAgram out today. Last chance - send me stuff!
  • Marketing push for CASIT registration & sponsorship via Hootsuite/LOPSA account
  • Paul asked William to send him what he wants for LOPSA-East so he can load up Hootsuite.
  • Ski spoke about the Passler advertisemnt as to text only or adding graphics. Paul will look into it and the Ads are to the bottom but he thinks he can use a logo if they get it to us.

Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)

William asked if we were moving to Dreamhost and about the price. We are moving to Dreamhost and the price is free for Non-Profits

Mentorship Report (Boris, Beech)

Nothing to report

Recognition (Uphill, Disney)

Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)

Ski spoke to Warner and he will start asking people in March if they want to run for the Board.

2016 Budget... (Ski/Matt)

Note: This link will be removed unless we post it to a Public space. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NCUvckeq5ZxXETM0lYsBbpPZBiElV53iNN__2vNbMiM/edit#gid=0

The budget submitted does not include the locals and is for operations.

A discussion ensued with the following comments:

  • George commented that budget for the annual meeting be bumped a bit higher. The consensus was in agreement and it was raised $1,000. Thomas asked why it was so much more from years past. Reason being more board members traveled to the West coast than before when it was on the East coast and more of the travelers were reimbursed for their expenses.
  • Thomas asked what the "Other Column" was for. This is a contingency fund for items that are not budgeted for that may arise after the budget is approved. Matt recommended that that item be changed to Contingency for clarity.
  • Ski gave an explanation of the line items.
    • Income covers
      • Membership (approximated at $45 per member)
      • Sponsorships (Individual and Corporate)
    • Fixed expenses
      • Adminsitration
      • Insurance
      • Annual Meeting
      • Website hosting (may drop if we go to Dreamhost)
      • Admin Staff (Part time assistant to handle Office duties, Event assistance etc)
  • Ski explained how the percentage of our income minus our fixed costs and then broke it down by percentages for each area. There would also be a 20%-25% hold over of fund for the following year. There would be an annual report then at the Town Hall Meeting at LISA explaining where the money is spent for the members and where it will be spent in the upcoming year.
  • The conferences are not in this budget as it is for LOPSA and the conferences fund themselves and we only get the membership dues from them.

MOTION by Ski The 2016 Budget as presented by Matt Disney be accepted.

Seconded by William.

The motion passed unanimously

  • Thomas asked a question after the vote concerning the $10,000 for MArketing. He wanted to know if this was a hard figure or are we still researching this. Ski explained we are still researching the Marketing and Re-branding of LOPSA and this amount may be broken up for MArketing/Advertisement/Re-Branding based on the outcome of our research.

New Business

No New Business

Notes/announcements

No Notes/announcements

Adjournment

 Thomas Motioned for Adjournment
 William Seconded