Board meeting Minutes/8 Sep 2014

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
25 Aug 2014
Board meeting Minutes Next:
22 Sep 2014


Minutes approved: 22 Sep 2014


  • NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
Unspecified
Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
Present
(Subject to verification) ? Dan Rich (chair),John Boris, Ski Kacoroski, Matt Disney, Steve VanDevender, George Beech,
Apologies
 ? Steve Murawski, William Bilancio,Matt Simmons
Guests
 ?
Opened
9:01 PM Eastern Time
Closed
9:35 PM Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

  • minutes of 25 Aug 2014 were unanimously approved with one word change for clarity

Action Items

The board is reminded to review their action items in Request Tracker.

Standing Reports

Treasurer's report (Disney)

  • Balance info
    • BoA Account: $25,950.83
    • PayPal Account: $2,793.56
    • TDBank: $1,989.57
    • Total: $30,733.96
    • +/- from last meeting: -$25.12
  • Summary of expenditures since last report:
    • Budgeted monthly operations
    • F2F expenses
      • Kacoroski
  • Outstanding liabilities
    • VanDevender (report submitted, William in possession?)
    • Bilancio (report outstanding)
    • Murawski (report outstanding)
    • Rich (report outstanding)
    • Simmons (report outstanding)
  • Top priorities
    • F2F reimbursement (VanDevender)
    • Transition bank accounts
    • 2013 990

Membership report (VanDevender)

  • See CiviCRM
  • Previous Month:
    • New: 15 (10 students)
    • Renew: 2 (0 students)
    • Lapsed: 12
  • Month to Date:
    • New: 5 (2 students)
    • Renew: 0 (0 students)
    • Lapsed: 4
  • Total: 836 (700 paying)

Conference/events activities report (Bilancio)

No Report

Local Chapter Committee report (Bilancio)

No Report

Development report (Kacoroski)

Nothing to report

Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (Simmons/Kacoroski)

No Report

Project Management report (Rich)

All project leaders need to update the Projects 2014/2015 page with their rough project plans. Dan will review the Web2project system for updates and will be in touch with project leaders for updates.

Liaison reports (LC, etc.)

Technical Services Report (Bilancio)

William did speak with Chan at the LOPSA-NJ meeting and Chan is working on the team formulation and has been in touch Matt Simmons about the Web Site.

Mentorship Report (Boris)

The LMPT team has asked to be on the Agenda for the September 22nd meeting. They will have a short presentation introducing themselves and explain their directions of the program. The team also asked if the mentorship program can be mentioned in the membership renewal emails that go out. As of now the meeting times have not changed and I guess it would be in the best interest of the Group if I step down as Liaison.

LOPSA Professional Recognition (Simmons)

No Report

Leadership Committee (Kacoroski)

Talking with Warner about role of LC. Should have more next meeting.

Skills USA (Beech)

The information that Evan had previously collected is still correct.

Do we want to move forward with this for June?

Costs

  • 2-day Planning Meeting
    • Hotel - ~$500
    • Flight - ~$300
    • Meals - ~$100
    • Total - $900
  • Championship Competition
    • Hotel - ~$1,500
    • Flight - ~$300
    • Meals - ~$300
    • Total - ~$2,100
  • Awards (not required but I would recommend)
    • Conference attendance for winner - ~$1,000
  • TechExpo
    • Table - Waiting on an answer for this but I believe <$500 (an actual booth would be more)
    • Marketing Materials - ~$500
  • Total - ~$5,000

There are three options

  1. Get on a Competition Committee
  2. Get a small Table for promoting LOPSA
  3. Do either or both

George recommends we get involved in at least a competition committee

  1. Internetworking (Network design)
  2. Computer Maintenance (Tier one Help Desk)
  3. Computer Applications

The next step would be to reach out to Skills USA and they put us in touch with the individuals to find out what help they may need. If they need help we can submit the forms and if they need us or don't think we are a good fit we can move on. The pricing above is from what Evan worked up and it is still a good estimate.

The board consensus was to continue on with this project. Matt Disney just asked for the dates and George answered it is Late June. Matt Disney stated that it is in the budget and there is money for it. Dan Rich asked if someone could write a Grant for this to help fund it. Ski felt he could also go out and get some sponsorship to help cover some of the cost. Matt Disney stated he would do the Grant work if he can get some sources. He also reminded that most Grants require a financial audit something that still has to be accomplished this year. Dan Rich pointed Matt Disney to Guidestar.

Dan Rich motioned that LOPSA authorize spending up top $5,000 for participating in Skills USA including a Competition, Awards and Tech Expo. Seconded by John Boris. Motion passed without objection.

New Business

A question on LISA'14 was raised by Matt Disney. Ski stated he would get started on that for the next meeting. Dan Rich asked John Boris to add LISA'14 planning to the agenda for the 22 September meeting

Notes/announcements

No Announcements

Adjournment

Motion for adjournment by Ski Kacoroski Seconded by John Boris