Board meeting Minutes/9 April 2007

From GovernanceWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
2 April 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
16 April 2007



Minutes approved: 16 April 2007

Present
Tom Perrine (chair), Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Matthew Barr, Andrew Hume
Opened
20:06 Eastern Time
Closed
20:57 Eastern Time

Consent Agenda

Passes.

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner - no report
    • Barr, Albrecht - Contact SCALE regarding future cooperation [due 2/26] in progress need to sync schedules
  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20] - no action
  • Membership Committee
    • Hughes - Work on different instances of member renewal letters - DONE and automated
    • Parter - Set up retention-rate report - in progress

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - in progress little response to notice to -discuss; Perrine will put something on the website
    • tech-team php-list(?) mailer integration into Drupal - no action Barr needs to clarify this action item
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position - no action

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Provide at Dec 2006 Treasurer's report writeup for the Board and for the web site - in progress Albrecht provided text; Hume needs to approve
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501.c.3 status [due 4/9] - in progress waiting on IRS
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no action
    • Gather material for Halprin request [2/26] - no action
  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 4/1] - no action
    • Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - no action
  • Hume:
    • Chat with SNIA regarding possible partnering (low priority) - no report
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - no report
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Perrine will work with Sam and Michele on "CONVERSION" of visitors to members - in progress Perrine has outlined a 3 step process to move forward
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:
    • Send Biordi 3 contact names by 6 April 2007 - see below

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the report online for this week's status

Member number trend is positive.

  • Online report
  • Sysadmin Days report
    • Contract ready for approval and has been reviewed by meetings department. See the Board Wiki for budget.

MOTION by Wilson, seconded by Potter to sign the Sysadmin Days NJ site contract. Passes.

  • Development report

4 Board members have sent at least two contacts to Biordi; 5 have yet to do so. First meeting of every month will focus on Development (Treasurer's report moved to second meeting of the month). Another sponsor has agreed to renew for 2007.

  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)

Adjournment

MOTION to adjourn by Wilson, seconded by Potter. Passes. Adjourned at 20:57 ET