Board meeting Minutes/15 September 2008
4 August 2008
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
28 September 2008 Special Meeting
Minutes approved: 2 October 2008
- Trey Harris (chair, notetaker), Bob Apthorpe, Derek Balling, Matthew Barr, Philip Kizer, Chris Palmer
- Deepa Solanki, Stephen Potter, Jesse Trucks
- David Parter
- 20:08 Eastern Time
- 20:44 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 4 August 2008
- Record motion by email: MOTION: To accept Travis Campbell's resignation as Technical Services Committee Chair with thanks, and to appoint Damion Alexander as the new chair. Moved by Trucks, seconded by Parter, and passed on 8 August 2008.
- Record motion by email: MOTION: Move that we authorize expenses of up to $3,000 to the Town and Country Hotel for a hospitality suite at LISA2008. Moved by Balling, seconded by Trucks, and passed on 7 Sept 2008.
- Executive Director's report
- Lanai Suites at the Town and Country in San Diego, CA have been booked for three nights from 11/11 to 11/14. Room will be charged on the master card.
- All basecamp items are still outstanding. Deepa is following up on all completed items.
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
- Memo to go out tomorrow.
- In-person board meeting?
- Balling to send email to determine availability of Board.
- "State of LOPSA/annual report" BoF
Executive Session (Harris)
Board enters Executive Session at 8:29 pm.
Board leaves Executive Session at 8:40 pm.
Membership survey (Balling)
- Need to do two focus-group type surveys: one for members, one for non-member website users
- Balling to champion survey.
MOTION to adjourn by Balling, second Apthorpe.
Board adjourns at 8:44 pm.