Board meeting Minutes/18 April 2011
21 March 2011
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
2 May 2011
Minutes approved: 2 May 2011
- Subject to verification Philip Kizer (chair), Lois Bennett, William Bilancio, Ski Kacoroski, Dan Rich, Jesse Trucks
- Matthew Barr, Jimmy Kaplowitz
- 20:01 Eastern Time
- 20:28 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 21 March 2011
RT Ticket Status User Open tickets Nobody 5 drich 11 lois 9 pckizer 4 pensezbien 7 ski 7 wbilancio 8
- Philip: Called Sam at AH and left message. Making progress on Directors insurance.
- Dan: Weird membership issues due to problems left over from older user database. He is working on tracking it down.
- Ski: Can charter members renew their charter membership by paying back dues. Board decided yes. Need to record as large membership if civicrm and manually fix the membership dates.
- William: Stuff on hold until PICC is over. Feels that we need to get AH and insurance sorted out before June for new board.
- Treasurer's report
- Bank account is still growing slowly due to conference successes.
- Membership report
Membership Summary Members by Type March – New/Renew (Last Month) April – New/Renew (MTD) 2011 – New/Renew (YTD) Current # Individual 108 12 161 542 Student 0 0 5 31 Honorary 0 0 0 0 Charter 0 0 0 117 Founding 1 0 1 10 Complimentary 0 0 1 1 Staff 0 0 0 0 Totals (all types) 109 12 168 701
- Will see if we can add in recently expired members on the chart
- Technical services report
- Doug working on backup wiki's then do upgrade on server
- Mailing list for 2011 elections and a view for statements
- William and Jesse will meet at PICC to discuss the technical team
- Conference/events activities report
- Southeastern Linux conference not responding to emails for instructors
- PICC coming together, we may have some trainer issues
- Cascadia 2012 conference co-chairs will be Ski Kacoroski and Paul English
- Not doing trainers at OLF this year
- Next big conference will be SCALE in February (Education Focus)
- Development report
- Upcoming MtM
Election Planning (Kizer)
- Share any needed info/planning with candidates
- We will talk about this on the mailing list
- This lead to a discussion about opening board meetings to listen only for members, but before we do this we will need a different conference call system that allows us to know who is on the conference call
- Work with them to schedule the #lopsa-live requested by the LC
- Philip will ping Matthew on getting this scheduled.
Motion made by Jesse seconded by William to adjourn at 8:28pm Eastern Time.