Board meeting Minutes/19 April 2006
10 April 2006
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
24 April 2006
Minutes approved: 24 April 2006
- Tom Perrine (chair), Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, Chris Palmer, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (note taker), Sam Albrecht
- Matthew Barr
- 22:05 Eastern Time
- 23:06 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 10 April 2006
Consent agenda passed.
- Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
- Potter - Work on proposals for potential sponsors - in progress
- Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
- Potter - Investigate potential discounts from targeted companies - in progress
- Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
- Policy Committee (Harris)
- Communications Committee
- Membership Committee
- Perrine - Write and send a letter to non-paid lopsa.org account holders encouraging them to join. - Letter written and ready to send.
- Perrine, Parter - Finish the first drive proposal. - in progresss; see below
- Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
- Perrine - Send a Parter-written note to the intl members asking whether they'd like to be ambassadors for LOPSA to SANE - Letter written and ready to send
- Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
- Parter - Monthly transaction/product sales reports - no progress
- Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - no progress
- Parter - Sponsorships page from database - no progress
- Hughes - Sponsorships in "userdb" interface - no progress
- Hughes - a user management infrastructure for Sam - no progress
- Hughes - Add field to member application asking about other organizations that the applicant belongs to - no progress
It was noted that the work on the Jobs Board is almost complete, and it should be ready to launch soon.
- Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
- Parter, Palmer - Revise the About Us page and begin the corporate history - no progress
- Barr, Potter - Coordinate the April BotM and try to find a volunteer to carry it on - no report April BotM was posted on the web site
- Post a description of the Resume Standards project - no report
- Present draft financial policies for Board approval - no report
- Work with Usenix to pursuade them to sign a grant letter to the IRS - no progress
- Prepare an expense plan for the NC*SA/UNC trip - in progress/hoping for hosts to pay expenses
- Produce a proposal for a volunteer recognition program (with Harris, Parter) - no progress
- Re-read business plan
- Think about other orgs that our members may be interested in giving money to
- Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- See wiki for this week's status
- Online report
Discussion about what kind(s) of local groups we want (chapters, affiliates, etc). It was agreed that LOPSA needs to keep an eye on ROI issues. Getting something going here is a high priority.
ACTION ITEM: Albrecht, Parter will work on a proposal for the local group support sturcture.
It was agreed that the current schedule is too aggressive; we'll regroup and reschedule, perhaps timing an announcement for some public event.
ACTION ITEM: Wilson to make a bulleted list of issues that have arisen in current planning cycle.
The proposal was discussed. It was agreed that May should be "membership month". Palmer was appointed project manager, with oversight over logistics (including prizes).
Andrew will return next week with additional financial planning items related to AH.
Perrine will not attend the May 8th meeting.
Wilson will not attend the April 24th or May 1st meetings.
MOTION by Palmer, seconded by Hughes, to adjourn. Passes. Adjourned at 23:06 ET