Board meeting Minutes/6 November 2007
23 October 2007
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
20 November 2007
Minutes approved: 20 November 2007
- Trey Harris (chair), David Parter, Stephen Potter (scribe), Bob Apthorpe, Derek Balling, Philip Kizer, Sam Albrecht
- Jesse Trucks
- Matthew Barr, Chris Palmer
- 7:04 Eastern Time
- 7:53 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 23 October 2007
Approved without comment
- Contact Hans regarding tracking of volunteers for program committees
- (with Potter) to develop revenue/expense projections through EOY and provide report on impact of payment
- Figure out state of committee policy, return with recommendation on policy and active/defunct committees
- to contact "Dallas Locals" via e-mail
- develop charge for ad-hoc committee on public policy issues
- to check on Suite @ hotel for LOPSA After Dark.
- policy meeting BOF at LISA
- (with Albrecht) to develop revenue/expense projections through EOY and provide report on impact of payment
- Executive Director's report
- Uploaded registration certificate from US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for "LOPSA".
No news from IRS
- Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
See new business
- Membership report
- See member data report for this week's status
- Technical Services Committee report
"No crises"; looking for public comments on IRC
- Conference/events activities report
Nothing to report; see LISA discussion below
- Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
Nothing to report
- Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
- MOTION:To allow members, whose memberships expired between 4/7/2007 and 10/23/2007, and who did not receive ample notification of such expiration due to no fault of their own, to retain their full membership status between their original expiration date and the date of their renewal, provided they renew within 30 days of being notified of this right. (dballing)
Move by Balling, Second by Kizer, passed without objection as amended below
Motion to amend date from 10/23 to 11/23, Parter and Balling, passed without objection
- Community Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, 7–8pm, LCD projector provided
- Discussion of community meeting topics (sponsor recognition, etc.) - slides listing all "leveled" sponsors, membership numbers, financial information
- Public policy BoF scheduled for Thursday, 8:30–9:30pm
- Booth reserved - need volunteers for duty, create grid on LISA page
Everyone to visit the LISA page on the wiki....
Member 1000 planning
- Do we want to have a special recognition for the thousandth member?
AH contract renewal
- This is the last meeting before the 45-day renewal deadline, so if we don't want it to auto-renew, we need to do something now
Once signed the 2008 agreement would supercede anyway.
2008 Budget planning
Review existing 2007 budget forecasts and actuals, determine targets for 2008.
Treasurers comments, discussed with ED:
- Would like to see us go ahead and shoot for some growth in sponsorship
- We are moving into our "busy" membership time, so don't believe the straight line growth is correct.
- Similarly, we have 800+ members, which should mean $40,000 membership revenue, plus growth for next year.
- Do not expect to see additional conference revenue growth this year (no conferences planned)
- Believe we should decrease conference revenue target for next year.
- We need to consider how to decrease G/A expenses
- Expect slightly higher membership expenses re: "busy" time
- With change of conference type, should expect to see less conference expense
Based on our current bank balances project cash receipts for the remainder of the year:
MOTION: Direct Albrecht to make a payment of $10,000 to Association Headquarters towards the repayment of 2007 management fees.
Motion by Potter, second by Balling, passed without objection.
Opinions on new bridge: excellent, we should continue to use.
Motion to adjourn at 7:53