Board meeting Minutes/9 Mar 2015
23 Feb 2015
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
23 Mar 2015
Minutes approved: 23 Mar 2015
- NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
- (Subject to verification) Dan Rich (chair), William Bilancio, John Boris, Steve VanDevender, Matt Disney, George Beech, Thomas Uphill, Ski Kacoroski, Mark Honomichl
- 9:02 PM Eastern Time
- 9:24 Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Standing Reports
- 3.1 Treasurer's report (Disney)
- 3.2 Membership report (VanDevender)
- 3.3 Conference/events activities report (Bilancio)
- 3.4 Local Chapter Committee report (Bilancio)
- 3.5 Development report (Kacoroski)
- 3.6 Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (Kacoroski)
- 3.7 Project Management report (Rich)
- 3.8 Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
- 4 Ski's Schedule... (Ski)
- 5 Office Manager... (Ski)
- 6 New Business
- 7 Notes/announcements
- 8 Adjournment
- The minutes of 23 Feb 2015 were approved
No Action items
Treasurer's report (Disney)
- Balance info
- BoA Account: $25,057.37
- PayPal Account: $13,952.70
- TDBank: $1,989.89
- Total: $40,999.96
- +/- from last meeting: $9,634.37
- Explanation for substantial balance increase since last meeting: Previous stale Paypal account balance was low, SCALE memberships, and Cascadia sponsorship
- Summary of expenditures since last report:
- Budgeted operational expenses
- Summary of income since last report:
- Membership dues (particularly SCALE)
- Cascadia sponsorships
- Outstanding liabilities
- VanDevender (report submitted, William has this)
- Cascadia expenses
- SCALE expenses
- Top priorities
- Cascadia: accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other support
- Scott Koch refund
- F2F reimbursement (VanDevender)
- Transition bank accounts
- 2013 990
- Need VanDevender expense report
Membership report (VanDevender)
- See CiviCRM
- Previous Month:
- New: 22 (9 students)
- Renew: 5 (0 students)
- Lapsed: 45
- Month to Date:
- New: 2 (0 students)
- Renew: 5 (0 students)
- Lapsed: 35
- Total: 816 (644 paying)
Conference/events activities report (Bilancio)
CASCADIA Conference is this weekend.
LOPSA-East is meeting with venues and trying to get a date set for the 2016 conference.
LISA is Nov 8-13. We need to start working on the Yerkes award and plans for LOPSA at Lisa.
Ski is planning to start doing things for the 10 Anniversary on System Administrator's day culminating at LISA. He is working with True Ability for a Break/Fix contest at LISA Labs.
Ski asked William about Cascadia's registration and he informed the board he is not handling the registrations. Matt Disney spoke on this stating from his records it looks as though they are doing fine but he still has to check on their sponsorship status. It looks as though they are at the break-even point. It looks as though they have close to 100 signed up.
Thomas stated they have collected almost $12,000 in sponsorships.
Local Chapter Committee report (Bilancio)
All locals are functioning. I will be reaching out to all locals in the next few weeks for updates and be planing a meeting with them all.
Mike Julian will be leaving East Tennesee due to job relocation.
Development report (Kacoroski)
Taos is sponsoring After Dark this year and interested in partnering with us. I am also working with Trueability to see what we can do with them.
Dan recommended Ski touch base with Rackspace.
Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (Kacoroski)
The LOPSAgram was sent out and the new one is in progress. A few people volunteered to help out with the LOPSAgram and Ski will reach out to them. Also one person volunteered to help with the Web upgrade.
Project Management report (Rich)
Liaison reports (LC, etc.)
Technical Services Report (Bilancio)
William is trying to get back in sync with Chan.
Mentorship Report (Beech)
LOPSA Professional Recognition
Leadership Committee (Kacoroski)
Ski's Schedule... (Ski)
It is going to be very difficult for me to make Monday meetings for the next few months. On 3/23 I have a family event and on 4/6 I will be in Japan. Then I until June 15 I will be teaching as my class was scheduled for Mondays at 530-740 PST. I may be able to attend a few meetings when the class does not need me around (e.g. they are doing homework). Not sure what to do about this.
Dan spoke on the Doodle he sent out. So far it looks as though Monday is still the best night. We might be able to go earlier. A short discussion followed to see what are the issues with some of the times.
Office Manager... (Ski)
I sent out a job description for the office manager position via google docs. Please review and comment as I would like to post this in a few weeks.
A discussion on this followed:
- Ski gave a further description of the requirements of the job.
- Questions about the position from the Board to Ski and Dan were:
- Where is the Salary coming from.
- It will come out of the treasury
- What is the Hourly rate
- Approximately $15 per hour -- $7500 a year
- How many hours a week
- no more than 10 hours a week for 50 weeks
- What is the Title
- The job is actually an Admin assistant
- It would be a 1099 position since it would be a part time position.
- Who would the person work for.
- The person would report to the President
- Where is the Salary coming from.
Definition of a System Administrator (Mark Honomichl)
Mark had a question on CiVi. He wants to pull data to ask people how they self Identify themselves. He knows the data is in CiVi but does not know how it is arranged. Dan told Mark he will touch base with him offline and he will help him get the data.
First new item...
George Motioned for Adjournment
Seconded by William