Board meeting Minutes/9 October 2006
2 October 2006
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:
23 October 2006
Minutes approved: 23 October 2006
- Matthew Barr, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson (chair, note taker), Sam Albrecht
- Trey Harris
- 20:05 Eastern Time
- 21:04 Eastern Time
- Approve minutes of 2 October 2006
Consent agenda passed.
- Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
- Biordi - Develop sponsorship strategy and report to board - in progress this will be removed as an action item, and progress noted under the "Standing Report" agenda section
- Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
- Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner [due 10/16]
- Barr - Connect with Chapman regaring TechReach International and come back to board with proposal(s) for cooperation - waiting on response from Chapman
- Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
- Policy Committee (Harris)
- Communications Committee
- Palmer - Discuss possible member survey methodologies with Chavez - no report
- Albrecht - Select current sponsor to use regarding possible ad mockup. - no progress re-assign this to Potter
- Membership Committee
- Palmer, Hume - Draft and send required notification of Annual Membership Meeting (Monday Nov 6th at 8PM in Phoenix) to current members - DONE in Memo to Members. needs correction though (time is wrong); Hume will correct, update, and resend
- Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
- Wilson - form LISA planning group - in progress
- Albrecht - Check AH Marriott room rates. - DONE
- Barr - Check further pricing on catering service and rooms - not done move to LISA planning group efforts
- Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
- Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - no progress
- Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
- Locals Committee (Parter)
- Parter - Work on a process for periodic contacts with chapters - not done
- Hume - Prepare statement about AH payment [due 6/26] - in progress
- Hume - prepare annual financial report [due 6/26] - in progress
- Touch base with IRS [due 10/16]
- Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 10/16]
- Restart Resume Standards project - no report
- Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no report
- Chat with the SNIA Chief Scientist regarding possible partnering [due 10/30] - in progress waiting on SNIA
- Contact Leadership Committee regarding next (summer 2007) election [due 9/18]
- Send Albrecht Eicher's details for OLF thank you - not done
- Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
- Membership report
- See the online report for this week's status
- Online report
- RT has been fixed
- irc.lopsa.org had a problem; we should think about making the round-robin DNS more robust. Hughes has put up a banner on the website about the problem and a pointer to alternate servers.
- Training event report
- see the web site
Announcement was sent to everyone on the LOPSA mailing lists - members and Board are encouraged to promote the event widely. Googling "LOSPA sysadmin days" is beginning to return the correct results.
Plans for first 2007 Sysadmin Days will need to start soon; on agenda for next meeting
- Development report
Biordi has hit the ground running. Board members should send sponsor suggestions and contacts directly to her.
"Every week" is again becoming onerous; meetings revolve only around "check-in" tasks/updates. Perhaps can fall back to every-other-week scheme with email updates from the Board on the "off" weeks.
ACTION ITEM: Wilson to email each Board member on 10/15 prodding for updates sent to rest of Board the following day.
No meeting on October 16.
Albrecht, Wilson will not be available for 30 October meeting
MOTION to adjourn by Hume, seconded by Barr. Passes. Adjourned at 21:04 ET