Board meeting Minutes/10 October 2017
30 September 2017
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
24 October 2017
Minutes approved: 24 October 2017
- Steve VanDevender, Scott Suehle, Andy Cowell, Aleksey Tsalolikhin, Drew Adams; George Beech (joined in at about 9:20 PM)
- Brian Globerman
- 9:09 PM Eastern Time
- 10:08 PM Eastern Time
This was a regular meeting of the board and we had a quorum.
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 3.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Tsalolikhin)
- 3.2 Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (Tsalolikhin, Uphill, English)
- 3.3 Technical Services Report (Danielle White)
- 3.4 Recognition (Uphill)
- 3.5 Leadership Committee (Warner)
- 3.6 Locals/Chapters Committee (Drew)
- 3.7 Education, Training and Mentorship Committee (Andy)
- 4 Review Goals/Strategic Plans write-up (Aleksey Tsalolikhin)
- 5 Review list of Committees (Aleksey Tsalolikhin)
- 6 Reminder: Finance Committee needs a non-Officer Director member (Aleksey Tsalolikhin)
- 7 We need a Conference Committee Chair (Aleksey Tsalolikhin)
- 8 Adjournment
- Approved minutes of 30 September 2017
Andy Cowell moved to approve the minutes, Drew seconded, motion carried unanimously.
Treasurer's report (Brian)
- Brian Globerman could not make it today.
He wrote: We will be below $30K in our account once I have reimbursed F2F attendees.
LOPSA policies require us to maintain a cash reserve of $25,000
Aleksey moved we not run CasITConf this year due to circumstances with the venue (last minute cancellation by Hotel Deca), and we will push to get a local (Seattle-based) conference organizer team together and push for volunteers so that we can have a conference in 2019.
Drew seconded the motion.
The motion was carried, unanimously.
We agreed to announce it after our Board meeting on October 24th, in case something turns up over the next 2 weeks.
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 660 (previous report: 651, change: -1, pending renewal: 11)
- Paying: 350 (9 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 310 (10 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Tsalolikhin)
LOPSA Cascadia 2018: (Vandevender,Uphill,Globermann)
LISA 2017 (Vandevender,Beech)
Ask your vendors for donations for the raffle for the Annual Community meeting.
Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (Tsalolikhin, Uphill, English)
- Please help provide content for the next LOPSAgram
- Please blog on your LOPSA Blog
- Larry Allen Jr. hired as Community Manager (at up to 5 hours a week), he'll help edit and publish the LOPSAgram regularly. Paul English and Aleksey Tsalolikhin will get him started.
Technical Services Report (Danielle White)
Danielle was absent.
George asked for nominates for Chuck Yerkes award.
Leadership Committee (Warner)
George will get together with Warner soon to touch base with the Leadership Committee.
Locals/Chapters Committee (Drew)
Nothing to report.
Education, Training and Mentorship Committee (Andy)
Andy is working on finding an affordable option for outsourcing the mentorship program
Review Goals/Strategic Plans write-up (Aleksey Tsalolikhin)
Aleksey asked George to review Aleksey's write-up of Goals and Strategic Plans
Review list of Committees (Aleksey Tsalolikhin)
George reviewed the list of committees at LOPSA_Policies/Committees and pointed out a couple of things to fix.
Reminder: Finance Committee needs a non-Officer Director member (Aleksey Tsalolikhin)
Per our by-laws, we need a non-officer director to review our finances. Scott joined the Finance Committee.
We need a Conference Committee Chair (Aleksey Tsalolikhin)
Aleksey stepped down as Conference Committee chair. Drew stepped up to head the Conference Committee.
Scott Motioned for Adjournment Aleksey Seconded