Board meeting Minutes/12 Sept 2011
29 Aug 2011
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
26 Sept 2011
Minutes approved: 26 Sept 2011
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
- Philip Kizer (chair), William Bilancio, Matt Disney, Chris St. Pierre, Nadine Miller, Dan Rich, Ski Kacoroski, Jesse Trucks
- Lois Bennett
- 2103 Eastern Time
- 2205 Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Action Items
- 3 Standing Reports
- 4 Discuss/approve new provisional chapter, Ohio (Kizer)
- 5 Global Netwatch Monitoring sponsor/benefit status (Disney)
- 6 LISA presence status (Disney)
- 7 Next Agenda item... (NAME)
- 8 New Business
- 9 Notes/announcements
- 10 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 29 Aug 2011
See RT Board Queue
RT Ticket Status User Open tickets Nobody 4 stpierre 3 drich 9 jessetrucks 2 lois 12 disneydisney 0 nnmiller 0 pckizer 4 ski 9 wbilancio 9
- Treasurer's report
- No status
- Membership report
- See CiviCRM
- 48 lapsed members this quarter, 11 in Aug
- Need to contact lapsed members to figure out why they are not renewing
Membership Summary (counts are new / renewed / total) Members by Type Aug Sep (MTD) 2011 (YTD) Current # Individual 42 / 14 / 66 6 / 1 / 7 272 / 43 / 315 564 Student 0 / 0 / 0 1 / 0 / 1 16 / 1 / 17 39 Honorary 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 Charter 0 / 11 / 11 0 / 0 / 0 1 / 19 / 20 139 Founding 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 1 / 1 12 Complimentary 0 / 0 / 0 0 / 0 / 0 1 / 0 / 1 1 Totals (all types) 52 / 25 / 77 7 / 1 / 8 290 / 64 / 354 755
- Board members will try to do articles (blog posts) on the areas they are responsible and champion.
- Technical services report
- Tech services clearing house for any technical project. Tech Team is just responsible for core server services now. All other projects will have people assigned to them as needed. Tech Team is Matt Okeson-Harlow and Chris Layton. Dev server up and running. Starting to test Drupal 7.
- Matt Simmons is starting to set up a kit of things that would be helpful for new locals
- Conference/events activities report
- Did a table at OLF last weekend. Lots of people stopped by.
- Lisa will be discussed below.
- Scale is the next focus. Need trainers - (8) 1/2 day classes
- PICC and Cascadia are next.
- John Boris will be conference chair for PICC
- Nadine's husband will help with writing up the sponsorship letter
- Aiming to get Microsoft as a sponsor for Cascadia and PICC
- Mentorship Status report
- No status
- Development report
- Writing up sponsorship packet for LOPSA to send out to possible sponsors
- Each board member should send Philip for 3 companies we should be asking to sponsor us
- Upcoming LOPSAgram
- Looking for more information
- Nadine will write up text for board volunteer policy
- Do blog posting results next time
Discuss/approve new provisional chapter, Ohio (Kizer)
We received a request to grant provisional status to a new chapter in Columbus, Ohio. They provided the documentation that should be necessary to indicate the satisfaction of the requirements.
Motion to approve by Ski, seconded by William, motion passed unanimously
Global Netwatch Monitoring sponsor/benefit status (Disney)
A webinar and introductory discussion has been scheduled with Global Netwatch for this week to recruit them as a sponsor and/or discounting partner of LOPSA. Meeting details below; all board members are welcome to participate.
LISA presence status (Disney)
- Suggested that Matt contact folks from previous years
- Decided yes on the badge holders
- Use just-in-time business cards also
- Luggage tag supplies are ok, may need to order stickers and other items, William will check on this
- Discussed getting shirts from other places (Lands End perhaps)
- Discussed ideas of LOPSA BOFs and/or hospitality suite. Possibly a job's fair BOF. Stupid system admin or horror stories on open mike BOF. Who traveled the farthest, Number of jobs, Oldest OS, Number of OS's, etc. LOPSA Late night idea. Panel BOF idea (filesystems, hypervisors, etc.). William offered to MC. Nadine will check into the file system BOF.
Next Agenda item... (NAME)
First new item...
- Set up LOPSA Live before LISA
Motion to adjourn by Dan at 2205, Seconded by William