Board meeting Minutes/21 May 2007

From GovernanceWiki
< Board meeting Minutes
Revision as of 18:45, 11 June 2007 by Pat (talk | contribs) (New Jobs Board)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
14 May 2007
Board meeting Minutes Next:
4 June 2007



Minutes approved: 4 June 2007

Present
Tom Perrine (chair), Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume (note taker), Stephen Potter, Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Pat Wilson, Chris Palmer, Dave Parter
Opened
8:10 Eastern Time
Closed

Consent Agenda

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Albrecht - Contact SCALE regarding future cooperation - DONE
      • Albrecht recommends approval to partner with SCALE

MOTION: Albrecht will pursue agreement with SCALE

  • Leadership Committee (Esther Filderman)
    • Wilson - Query Committee regarding election logistics (how involved does the LC want to be in that?) - DONE
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online answer folks [due 3/20]
  • Membership Committee
    • Parter - Set up retention-rate report - Due 5/28
    • Albrecht - Refresh conversion letter
    • Wilson - Look into quarterly member drawing prizes - not done

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Perrine - Organize Sysadmin Day 2007 site update - progress by Friday
    • Perrine - Turn his lopsa-discuss posting on the CFV for Sysadmin Day into a post for the web page - progress by Friday
    • Barr - Follow up on tech-team php-list(?) mailer integration into Drupal. Dropped [really Tech Team]
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Palmer, Potter - Draft a plan regarding how a paid/compensated content director might help the website, and what sort of requirements we might make for that position [due 5/28]

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Provide at Dec 2006 Treasurer's report writeup for the Board and for the web site - in progress Hume produced draft, minor revisions will be made by Hume and Perinne. [5/28]
  • Albrecht:
    • Provide status on IRS 501(c)(3) status [due 4/9] - still waiting for update from IRS
    • Enquire whether SoCoSA would be interested in pursuing Chapter status [5/28]
  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority)
    • Gather material for Halprin request [2/26]

[Harris phone not working]

  • Hughes:
    • Work with Frisch, Chalup, Halprin, Barr on consultant resources skeleton/framework [due 6/11]
    • Contact Gilbert Wilson about work-pay ideas - DONE had a discussion, he will submit some ideas
  • Hume:
    • Reconvene Code of Ethics review committee - in progress invite sent out; 4 replies so far; will send start command
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
    • Perrine will work with Sam and Michele on "CONVERSION" of visitors to members [In progress]
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (second meeting of the month only)
  • Membership report
    • See the report online for this week's status
  • Online report
  • Sysadmin Days report
  • Development report (Meeting focus at first meeting of the month)
  • Upcoming MtM (last meeting of the month only)
  • Sysadmin Mag ad topic (fourth meeting of the month only)

New Jobs Board

  • Albrecht thinks this is still hung up on our tech side. Sponsors and revenue accounts are waiting. Can we get a target completion date? [Hughes to do this week]]

Sys Admin Advertisement

  • Next deadline is 5/30 and JD needs input. Albrecht recommends pushing SysAdmin Days

New Business

Meeting on Memorial Day?

  • Recommendation - "Nay" [next meeting June 4]

Elections

The Board discussed and approved of the Leadership Committee's proposed election timeline.

Notes/announcements

Adjournment