Board meeting Minutes/23 October 2018
9 October 2018
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
6 November 2018
Minutes approved: 20 August 2019
- Scott Suehle, Brian Globerman (Treasurer), Mark Lamourine, Andree Jacobson (Secretary), Branson Matheson
- Andy Cowell (President), Drew Adams, Danielle White
- 9.16pm Eastern Time
- 9.35pm Eastern Time
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 4 Proposal to save money and increase membership fees (Globerman)
- 5 Notes/announcements
- 6 Adjournment
No meetings to approve. Andree has not had a sync with Aleksey yet, and Wiki access might not yet have been set.
Treasurer's report (Globerman, Beech, Suehle)
Bank balance on 10/21/2018: $27,320.70 This represents a $109.22 increase since last reported balance on 10/9/2018
- Balance Sheet October 21 2018 (pdf)
- Profit and Loss Statement September 22 - October 21 2018 (pdf)
- Profit and Loss for above period with expenses as percentage of total income (pdf)
- LOPSA Budget FY 2018 (7/1/2018 - 6/30/2019 (pdf)
- Proposal 1 - Agree to not renew Xinspire mentorship program for 2019, notify current participants of program end by 11/1/2018
Scott moves the proposal, Mark motions. Andree seconds. Motion carries unanimously.
Membership report (Ludeke)
Nothing to report.
Technical Services (White)
New board members need to get accounts to access to Wiki and email.
Education, Training and Mentorship (Cowell)
LISA is coming up soon - we need to get a meeting set up for that.
Nothing to report. Drew has person interested
Mark is waiting on something from Aleksey, promises to follow up with LOPSAGram.
- LA - No activity
- Columbus - No activity
- ETENN - No activity
- Ottawa Valley System Administrators Guild - No activity
- Seattle Area System Administrators Guild - will have regular monthly meeting in November, LISA will be topic.
- San Diego - No activity
- NJ - No activity
- Chicago - No activity
Proposal to save money and increase membership fees (Globerman)
- Proposal: Poll membership on methods of generating additional income to cover Community Manager expenses: raise membership dues (and by how much), implement nominal student membership dues, or some combination. Goal is to either have additional revenue stream in place to mostly cover this expense, or have made decision to discontinue the position by 1/1/2019.
Scott asks to get a proposal typed up for this topic for review by the entire board, especially for new board members. Important topic, but should address on board (to get agreement) before we go to the general membership. Brian promises to expand on this proposal and distribute this to the board.
Andree Motioned for Adjournment Scott Seconded