Board meeting Minutes/5 September 2017
22 August 2017
|Board meeting Minutes||Next:|
19 September 2017
Minutes approved: 5 September 2017 NOTE: These are not official minutes due to lack of quorum, but these notes may be of use to you (Treasurer's report, membership report)
- NOTICE to those on the line: All present agree to a temporary recording of this call to be be deleted no later than when the minutes are approved. Please speak up if you disagree with this and we will discuss it after roll call.
- Move your name to Present or Apologies prior to the meeting!
- (Subject to verification) Steve VanDevender, Paul English, Brian Globerman, George Beech (chair)
- Ski Kacoroski, Atom Powers, Scott Suehle, Ray Frush, Thomas Uphill
- 1 Consent Agenda
- 2 Standing Reports
- 3 Committee reports
- 3.1 Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
- 3.2 Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- 3.3 Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
- 3.4 Mentorship Report (Beech)
- 3.5 Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
- 3.6 Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
- 3.7 Locals/Chapters Committee (Suehle)
- 4 On Hold Committees
- 5 Next Agenda item... (NAME)
- 6 Face to Face (George)
- 7 New Business
- 8 Notes/announcements
- 9 Adjournment
- Approve minutes of 22 August 2017 - moved to 19 September.
Treasurer's report (Globerman)
- BoA Accounts: $34,851.48
- PayPal Account: $1301.71
- Total: $36,153.19 +/- from last report (07/25/2017): +$79.66
- IRS 501c(3) reinstatement fee: $850
- Face to Face (estimated based on last year's cost): $4227.00
- Completed IRS Form 1023 and supporting documents sent to IRS on 9/2/2017 and received today. Will take 2-4 months for reinstatement if approved (likely)
- Completed LOPSA 2016, 2015, 2014, 2014 income tax Form 990-EZ, and sent to IRS by CPA firm
- Get up to date with filings for New Jersey Department of Revenue. Our registration is current but I don't think we have filed required forms for sales tax and income tax for many years. George: This might require a CPA that is familiar with NJ tax law, but let's wait until we get our non-profit status reinstated first.
- Take over domain name registration from Lee Damon for casitconf.org, as requested. Forwarded Lee's email to Dan Rich
- Problem continues with multiple PayPal accounts, one of which I do not have access to. More questionable chargebacks are showing up, and I cannot dispute them so they get paid out by default. - George: Brian should receive the replies back from PayPal people, as George set up "send as" in Gmail needed.
Membership report (VanDevender)
- Total active members: 653 (previous report: 655, change: -2, pending renewal: 17)
- Paying: 348 (3 new in last 30 days)
- Non-paying: 305 (10 new in last 30 days)
Paying members include Individual, Charter, Founding, and Lifetime memberships. Non-paying members include Student and Complimentary memberships.
Conferences/Events/Chapters activities report (Powers)
LOPSA Cascadia 2018: (VanDevender,Kacoroski,Uphill,Globermann,English,Powers)
LISA '17 (VanDevender, Beech)
- Working with LISA '17 on USENIX/LOPSA cross-promotion
- LISA is no longer offering membership discounts with retirement of LISA SIG
- They are offering table space for flyers but not placement in the attendee packet
- Expo table is possible but Expo coordinator is out this week
Marketing/Communications (LOPSAgram, #lopsa-live, etc) (English, Uphill)
- Please help provide content for the next LOPSAgram
- Please blog on your LOPSA Blog
Technical Services Report (Beech, VanDevender)
Mentorship Report (Beech)
Recognition (Uphill, Disney)
Leadership Committee (Warner, Kacoroski)
Locals/Chapters Committee (Suehle)
On Hold Committees
Next Agenda item... (NAME)
Face to Face (George)
When September 30th-October 1 Where: Raleigh If you haven't booked your flight yet, please do so.
Hotel information will be sent out this week.
Initial Agenda here: https://board.lopsa.org/Board_meeting_Minutes/30_Sep_2017-01_aug_2017
First new item...
Board Member Motioned for Adjournment Board Member Seconded