Board meeting Minutes/8 November 2006

From GovernanceWiki
< Board meeting Minutes
Revision as of 18:35, 28 November 2006 by Pat (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


Prior:
30 October 2006
Board meeting Minutes Next:
13 November 2006


In-person meeting at Sysaadmin Days, Phoenix


Minutes approved: 27 November 2006

Present
Tom Perrine (chair), Matthew Barr, Trey Harris, David Parter, Stephen Potter, Pat Wilson, Sam Albrecht
Apologies
Doug Hughes, Andrew Hume, Chris Palmer
Opened
11:23 Eastern Time
Closed

Consent Agenda

Consent agenda passes.

Action Items

Board Committees

  • Development Committee (Wilson/Potter)
  • Partnership and Liason Committee (Perrine)
    • Palmer - Contact local office of possible partner [due 10/16] - no report
    • Barr - Connect with Chapman regaring TechReach International and come back to board with proposal(s) for cooperation - DONE we may want to approach TechReach directly - Barr will investigate
  • Leadership Committee (Greg Rose)
    • Perrine - Contact Rose and convey Board's thoughts on the election - not done
  • Policy Committee (Harris)
  • Communications Committee
    • Palmer - Discuss possible member survey methodologies with Chavez - no report
    • Potter - Select current sponsor to use regarding possible ad mockup. - in progress Potter sent mail to Rackable, but has had no reply. He will work on an alternative
    • Perrine - Follow up with SysAdmin Magazine regarding volunteers for online anwer folks - in progress

ACTION ITEM: Barr to get CMP contact info to Albrecht

ACTION ITEM: Perrine to talk to Rich regarding posting LOPSA logo on Sysadmin Magazine irc

ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to contact listbroker regarding lateness in sending out email blast

  • Membership Committee
    • Hughes - Work on membership renewal system [due 11/8] - in progress

First set of renewals due 11/17/06.

ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to work on renewal letter with testamonials

Program Committees

  • Conference Planning Committee (Wilson/Perrine)
  • Technical (Online) Services (Hughes/Parter)
    • Parter - Mailing lists/online forum - St Pierre has been recruited to work on this
  • Content Services Committee (Palmer/Potter)
    • Potter - Work on Jobs Board outsourcing evaluation - not done
  • Locals Committee (Parter)
    • Albrecht - Work on a process for periodic contacts with chapters - not done

Non-Committee

  • Financial
    • Hume - Prepare statement about AH payment [due 6/26] - no report drop this action item
    • Hume - prepare annual financial report [due 6/26] - no report

ACTION ITEM: Perrine to contact Hume

ACTION ITEM: Albrecht to draft wording for posting 990 on website

  • Albrecht:
    • Touch base with IRS [due 10/16] - no progress' waiting on State of New Jersey
    • Query insurance company regarding possible member insurance options [due 11/13] - in progress

ACTION ITEM: Harris to write an insurance FAQ for the members

  • Barr:
  • Harris:
    • Set up wiki for Resume Standards project - no progress will seek a tech-team volunteer to guide through the wiki creation process
    • Present draft financial policies for Board approval (low priority) - no progress
  • Hughes:
  • Hume:
    • Chat with the SNIA Chief Scientist regarding possible partnering [due 10/30] - no report
  • Palmer:
  • Parter:
  • Perrine:
  • Potter:
  • Wilson:
  • All:
    • Consider locations for Q1 2007 Sysadmin Days

Standing Reports

  • Treasurer's report (first meeting of the month only)
    • Discussion of level of detail in public minutes
  • Membership report
    • See the online report for this week's status

ACTION ITEM: Solanki to follow up on pending membership payments.

  • Online report
  • Training event report
    • see the web site
  • Development report

Memo to Members

Add stuff to 2006_November_Memo_to_Members page. Should go out early next week.

Planning Session

(feel free to add anything here!)

  • programs (conferences, workshops, training, publications)
  • development - partnerships and sponsorships
  • membership
  • web site changes

New Business

Member queries

There was some confusion as to who is responsible for responding to general emailed requests to the board@lopsa.org list. Solanki will be main contact and will redirect emails if required.

ACTION ITEM: Barr to set up board-only mail alias.

Adjournment